The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-13-2018, 08:58 AM

Default IMGUR (image you are)

Last edited by Song; 08-04-2021 at 07:03 AM. Reason: IMGUR update
Old 01-13-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-in-Ohio View Post
One can attach an image using the paperclip button in the write message header. It looks like this:

Once the image is uploaded, I like to insert it inline by re-clicking the paperclip and clicking on the attachment to insert it inline. Below is what that looks like. (If you click to quote, you'll see the image is an attachment)

Attachment 4534
Thanks again - yes, I see ... except ... am I going crazy? I cannot see a paperclip anywhere to click on. Here below is a screenshot of what I see, when beginning to reply to your post. Where should I be seeing the paperclip?

Old 01-13-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N+1 View Post
Thanks again - yes, I see ... except ... am I going crazy? I cannot see a paperclip anywhere to click on. Here below is a screenshot of what I see, when beginning to reply to your post. Where should I be seeing the paperclip?

I think attachments are a charter member bonus.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

N+1,

The paperclip is to the right of the white smiley face. I think you don't see it because you are not a charter member. Members can post from their computers. Registered users cannot.

Of course, you can rectify that right HERE
Old 01-13-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
N+1,

The paperclip is to the right of the white smiley face. I think you don't see it because you are not a charter member. Members can post from their computers. Registered users cannot.

Of course, you can rectify that right HERE
Aha!!! A crafty piece of marketing! Thanks for putting me right Kerbie.

Actually, I see now a solution, albeit a fussy one: I download the original image, repost it into my account on a photo site like Flickr, resize it, and then link to that resized image in the usual way. That would work, but I think mostly life is too short for such convoluted maneuvres.

An even simpler method is either (a) not to worry about the reproduction of superbig images when replying; or (b) delete them from the quoted section of the reply and just put up with the absence of the image.

Still, it would be ever so nice to be able to use those [img width=200 height=100]{url}[/img] types of code. Is it impossible to incorporate it into the forum's coding?
Old 01-13-2018, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Actually, I see now a solution, albeit a fussy one: I download the original image, repost it into my account on a photo site like Flickr, resize it, and then link to that resized image in the usual way. That would work, but I think mostly life is too short for such convoluted maneuvres.

An even simpler method is either (a) not to worry about the reproduction of superbig images when replying; or (b) delete them from the quoted section of the reply and just put up with the absence of the image.

Still, it would be ever so nice to be able to use those [img width=200 height=100]{url}[/img] types of code. Is it impossible to incorporate it into the forum's coding?
Those oversize images are a complete pain in the patoo-ti and I would just delete it from you reply with a suggestion to the OP to resize it.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 01-13-2018, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I think the simplest solution is just to use the AGF app. Easy to use and it works great.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:57 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
I think the simplest solution is just to use the AGF app. Easy to use and it works great.
This is what I do it works perfectly
Old 01-13-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I'm the kind of person who probably wouldn't recognise an 'App' if it was sitting on my desk making faces at me, but I took a look at the thread. Not sure what I think about the inability to delete a photo though.
Thanks anyway - I'll ponder this. At least I now have several different ways to tackle it.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Sorry, you are not going crazy. As others have mentioned, one needs to be a (paid) charter member to use the attachment feature. So sorry for the confusion. FYI, here's what the draft message tool panel looks like for charter members. Again, posted as an inline attachment.
P.S.: Charter Membership is well worth the nominal expense.

message-panel.jpg

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...
Old 01-13-2018, 03:33 PM

I have a problem. I can't find this 'App'. I've looked under my desk and outside in the garden, but I can't see it.

Seriously, when I go to the thread announcing its availability, I get a link that has something to do with itunes (which I don't use), and another link that has something to do with 'Android' - whatever that is, which I don't have. I can't find anything actually to download onto my PC.

And really, the more I think about this, the less I want to go there. I don't have anything to do with things like facebook or twitter, and I'm concerned about the personal information these addons can help themselves to. So thanks for the tip, but I don't think it's for me.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

Default The VERY easiest way .....

is to become a charter member (pay a small amount) and then use the paperclip function to add images from your picture files on your pc.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I have a problem. I can't find this 'App'. I've looked under my desk and outside in the garden, but I can't see it.

Seriously, when I go to the thread announcing its availability, I get a link that has something to do with itunes (which I don't use), and another link that has something to do with 'Android' - whatever that is, which I don't have. I can't find anything actually to download onto my PC.

And really, the more I think about this, the less I want to go there. I don't have anything to do with things like facebook or twitter, and I'm concerned about the personal information these addons can help themselves to. So thanks for the tip, but I don't think it's for me.
The "app" they are talking about (I believe) is only for using with a mobile device like a Smart Phone or a Tablet , with internet capability .

If your using a laptop or desktop computer, then you basically one of two choices. Either pony up for the paid Charter membership .
Or sign up at a photo hosting sight like Imgur .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 01-13-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
The "app" they are talking about (I believe) is only for using with a mobile device like a Smart Phone or a Tablet , with internet capability .
Thanks. Yes, I get that now. I don't have any of those things.

Quote:
If your using a laptop or desktop computer, then you basically one of two choices. Either pony up for the paid Charter membership .
Or sign up at a photo hosting sight like Imgur .
Yes indeed - I have no trouble using a photo-hosting site for posting pictures in the usual way. My original query was about replying to posts that have huge pictures in them already. I think I've resolved all those problems now, one way or another. Thanks to everyone who contributed to helping me.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Charter Member

I haven't been able to successfully upload an image to the AGF Gallery (its been 'awaiting approval' for over two days now!) nor have I been able to post an image using the AGF app, but this morning I succeeded in posting a photo direct from my iPad, using the Tapatalk app. Comme ça....

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic