The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-05-2020, 08:24 AM

Default Emerald price bump

Did anyone else notice the prices on everything (well X20s an X30s at least) went up by ~$100? probably just the regular cost-of-goods/inflation bump kicking in....
Old 02-05-2020, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

I did not notice... well, might be because I've had my X20 for several years. Consumer Tip: Buy now - you get to enjoy it longer!
Old 02-05-2020, 10:34 AM

I noticed, and there is an error on their web page

If you go to "order an Artisan" it shows an X20 as starting at $1825. However, when you order it without a pickup, stock Gotohs and without the HSC, it comes up to $1925. Same for the x7- $1620 on the first page but $1775 on the second. So that guitar went up $150.

I've not been looking at their website honey- I don't know what your talking about!
Old 02-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Runaway Tomato

I noticed the small jump in price, but it doesn't bother me. I'll be ordering mine in about a month. For the quality that I hear on recordings and I read about here, the prices at Emerald seem very, very reasonable and there's plenty of room for small increases. The two wood guitars I was thinking about were the Taylor 814ce DLX ($3999) and the Martin D-41 ($4999), but the Emerald X-30 comes in with equal quality, greater durability, wonderful tone and sustain, and outstanding appearance, for around $2350 (non-veneer) or $3000 veneer. Even with the small price jump, it's a no brainer.
Former AGF Moderator

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber