The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-19-2020, 03:54 AM

Here the Italian version from Audiodesign pro called Gipsy 8.. seems pretty the same.. https://www.dragonmusic.it/audio-des...-acustica.html
There is also a bigger version Gipsy 2x8 with 2 woofers and 2 tweeters
Old 09-19-2020, 09:26 AM
Guest 928

I've seen several amps that look the same. Do you suppose there is any difference other than the rebadging?
Old 09-19-2020, 02:08 PM

I don't know really.. the Audiodesign pro version is little more expensive, they might use different components
Old 09-20-2020, 07:45 AM

Don't kid yourselves, they are all exactly the same amp. The nameplates are just metal badges, that hook into the grill plate.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 09-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Guest 928

No kidding here. Re-badging has become a global event, particularly with cars. I further wonder how many of these are sold under their various names and if once they are sold there are no more?

The nice thing about Roland, Crate, and others is that will most likely be here tomorrow with parts and service readily available.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:10 PM

I got the same amp with the name "Amosic" a year and a half ago, also in Italy, through Amazon. I think I've seen it also under the brands "Muslady" and "Amoon". It was Euro 100 (actually 99.99).

It's incredible for the money. More than adequate when playing outdoors or with others in an acoustic group, plenty of battery life (still holding up well), decent sound, and fast connecting bluetooth. I seem to get slightly better sound and control over the effects by plugging into the microphone channel than the 1/4" guitar, although not a huge difference. The fact that you can attach it to a stand is a great plus.

Just don't expect super loud for this size and money and battery power. Although it's supposed to be 25W, I'd compare it more with a 10W amp, if that. Not enough volume if you've got an electric guitar or bass to compete with (and forget any drums). But for most situations it's more than adequate.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:04 PM
Guest 928

I should be getting mine tomorrow. I've been through a lot of battery amps from the weakest (the belt attached Marshal and Danelectro) to the Crate and Bose.

While the Bose is the strongest and lightest of the big battery powered amps, the Roland AC33 turns out to be my favorite. It's light, it plays with a banjo and other instruments, and it plays with electrics (if they are decent players). The Mugig will be compared with the Roland.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:29 AM

The Mugig at it's lower prices, which come around regularly, is about 20% the cost of the Roland. Do not expect it to compete on par with the Roland.

However, if it's even 50% as good as the Roland, it's good enough, IMO.

My goal was to have something usable to have fun with in the house. That's all. I'm pleased and satisfied with it for that.
----------------------
There was a Roland/Mugig shoot-out done earlier:
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=482783

Not too favorable--but like others--some of the issues he mentioned were not issues I had, such as the "hiss". Yes, mine isn't silent when turned up to max, but it's a mild sound that won't interfere with playing.

Anyway, for your reading enjoyment.
----------------------
BTW, if anyone out there has ever figured out exactly what all the various controls do and how to use them, let me know. Some seem to work as expected, others--not so much. I expect I just don't get it.

Some functions I found by trial and error, like putting in a thumb drive with music mp3s on it and they automatically begin to play with a little voice intro saying "music!". I'm sure there are other secrets I never discovered.

It would be interesting to see what other people have found and maybe start a list.

Last edited by ac; 09-23-2020 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:47 AM
Guest 928

I don't expect the Mugig to outdo the Roland. However, as noted, if it's even half as good then the price is right. When prices are as low as the Mugig, what I often do is just pass the amp along to someone who is just getting into amps--something to practice with.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification