The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-20-2020, 08:45 AM

Question Martin 0-28vs -- opinions about sound and playability?

Anyone have one (or had one) and want to share your thoughts about this guitar?
Old 09-20-2020, 10:37 AM

Default 0-28VS

I've had one for about 10 years, and totally love it.

I'd had an embarrassment of guitar riches for quite a while- pre, wartime and postwar Martins, Gibsons, et al. Newer ones too. But this little box still gets a big chunk of my playing time. It's a great size for living room picking, though it doesn't lack for volume if you push it. Even-toned and very clear for finger picking, and just as sweet for playing semi-jazzy chords.

And much tho I love my old vintage boxes, sometimes playing a newer instrument, with great intonation, no issues, and killer tone makes this one a real winner for me.

Highly recommended.

PMac
Boston
Old 09-20-2020, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Post deleted

Last edited by JKMartin; 11-04-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:28 PM

Thanks for your replies Pat and Jk. I'm happy to hear you say you love yours, as I've already bought one and am anxiously awaiting its arrival I have a Martin CEO-7, which has the modified V neck but the 1.75 nut width. It's extremely comfortable for me and I'm hoping the modified V will help me with the 1 7/8. I have a couple of guitars with other neck shapes (C and modified oval) and the mod. v is definitely the best fit.

We will see! I expect it to take some adjustment, I'm just hoping it won't feel unmanageable.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:56 PM
Charter Member

Post deleted

Last edited by JKMartin; 11-04-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:29 AM

So, pamelabk77, did you get it yet? Do you like it?

What do you think? I am always surprised and impressed at how big sounding and well balanced Martin's 0-size guitars are.

PMac
Martin Fool
Old 09-26-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmcmac View Post
So, pamelabk77, did you get it yet? Do you like it?

What do you think? I am always surprised and impressed at how big sounding and well balanced Martin's 0-size guitars are.

PMac
Martin Fool
Unfortunately, the guitar is still in route via UPS. Apparently, it's going to take FOREVER for it to get to GA from Oregon! Thanks for asking though.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:25 PM
Charter Member

Great guitars. I had one and sold it to a friend only after I had one of the same size built for me by a top luthier. My friend still has it and loves it.

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com
Old 09-30-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelabk77 View Post
Unfortunately, the guitar is still in route via UPS. Apparently, it's going to take FOREVER for it to get to GA from Oregon! Thanks for asking though.
I finally got the guitar today and I love it! The sound is wonderful! I took it to a friend who tends to own and play vintage Martins that cost far more than I can spend and he loved it too. It's just a great feeling and great sounding guitar and I'm so happy I decided on it.

Thanks,
Pam
Old 09-30-2020, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Ah, the wait is over! Great to hear it showed up and all is good. Would love to see it. Pics coming at some point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelabk77 View Post
I finally got the guitar today and I love it! The sound is wonderful! I took it to a friend who tends to own and play vintage Martins that cost far more than I can spend and he loved it too. It's just a great feeling and great sounding guitar and I'm so happy I decided on it.

Thanks,
Pam
Old 10-01-2020, 12:05 AM

Glad you love it Pam! I’m a big fan of 12-fret 0s.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion