The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-25-2022, 06:13 AM

Default Crossover advice please

I hadn't spotted that there was a dedicated classical forum so originally posted this in the general forum.

I've got a hankering for a nylon crossover but as is so often the case it's hard to find any to try near me. I did try a Yamaha NTX3 and a Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple the other day. Not too impressed with the unplugged sound of the Yamaha but the Cordoba was surprisingly full with decent bass. I don't really want to pay the £700 plus though, so has anyone played the maple back-to-back with the Fusion 12 natural cedar? If so I'd appreciate any thoughts on comparative tone plugged and unplugged (the maple has the Fishman Presys Blend as opposed to just the Presys in the cedar).

The other guitar I'm interested in but haven't been able to try is the Alvarez CC7HCEAR. Andertons have just reduced them to £399 from £529 which is tempting. Any thoughts on the tone compared to the Cordobas? Also, it's got a scale length of 26", so does that noticeably affect playability and tone?

Thanks for any responses.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical