The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-16-2016, 07:16 PM

[QUOTE=Earl49;4937195 But my WS-1000 with the Fishman system is the best sounding guitar I own on stage. Dial in a bit of mic to balance the UST and wow! Plus it is easy to use.
[/QUOTE]

The plus t has a microphone?
Old 05-16-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
It makes you sound like Andy?

It makes me sound like,

Awesome!

Old 05-16-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post

Like Capt Jim, i too have never had a factory pickup system die, but it could happen. Several of my guitars are 15-16 years old, and a couple have Fishman Matrix I pickups added aftermarket that are pushing 25 now.
The oldest guitar I have with a factory pickup is my 1998 Larrivee OM-03R. Factory Fishman still works just as well as it did the day I bought it.

I don't understand the concern about electronics becoming "obsolete". Heck, if it died completely I suspect Fishman still makes a barn door with the same form factor.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 05-16-2016, 08:23 PM

The one plus to the kevin Michaels is the electronics are internal with just the tone and volume wheels in the sound hole. I think it looks cleaner, better? I don't know but I have a Baggs in another wood acoustic and it's nice sounding.
Lot of things about the McPherson I like in comparison to the parlor RS. Hard decision between the two for me, price is quite a spread though.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:42 PM
Charter Member

by the end of the week I'll be able to speak with more experience.

On my way to Portland tomorrow, and among other things (like baby sitting my granddaughter) will pick up my new Rainsong Concert series 12 fret parlor.

After researching a bit decided on the concert 12 fret as it promises to have great sound (clarity and warmth if the latter is possible in CF) plus it will have the sharks. It's not a standard model so has to be ordered. It's taken about 3 1/2 weeks from order to delivery to the shop.

Did not get the factory electronics as I want to keep it simple especially for salt air on the boat. I do like to plug in so will install a K&K. I have a K&K in my 000 and like it a lot. Have LR bags in my 00 and a fishman in the dread. tend to like the k&k best for some reason....just seems clear. The LR bags would be second. I have never used a preamp with the K&K and it works fine albeit have to turn the volume up a bit. I am thinking of getting an external preamp just to play with it.

I have a few really wonderfully sounding Martins so am excited to see how I like the Rainsong. Been playing my buddies 14 fret black ice OM and it sounds pretty good. Not as rich as the Martins by a fair amount, but has a clarity that is pretty cool. The neck is a little thinker but not by much and not bad at all. I'm expecting (and hoping) the Parlor will be a great boat/travel guitar. Keeping my fingers crossed!

If you are indeed at the Oregon coast and happen to get to Portland in the next couple weeks you can check it out. Will be close to Multnomah Village.
d
E-guitars: Turner Model 1, Fender Strat
Banjo: Gretsch
ukes: TK1, Harmony Smeck, banjo-uke

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber