The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-05-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybcool View Post

I don't claim to be a huge EJ fan and can't comment on how well the Virginia will hold value but a CS version of it at $2500 isn't obscene in my opinion.
As I posted above, just FYI, the CS version is more like $9K. The $2500 one is the regular production model.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:43 AM

And just as an aside, there are a ton of used EJ Stratocasters on reverb, and I am sure if you hunt around on the web you will find model years ranging from one to three years old that are NOS guitars. That semi hollow from last year is out there for $1699 brand new. The ebony/bound neck model from two years ago, $1799 brand new.

OK, granted, these are not SARSAPARILLA bodied Stratocasters. Whatever. These are all the EJ infused Strats that fender has been making for the last ten years or so, NOS, floor models and used. Starting around a grand for a player. They are everywhere for sale.

Talk to your son about these, then use the savings for some EJ style pedals.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars