The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-01-2022, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Reading this makes me so happy I have absolutely no need to ever plug my acoustic guitars into anything, and thus never have to be concerned about pickups, preamps, PAs and all that stuff.

If you’ll forgive me for saying so, Methos - it sounds like you’ve been chasing a pickup system you can live with, way more than you’ve been chasing any particular guitar.
You're not wrong! That's why I just sold my Froggy Bottom with no pickup system. These days it's all about gigging and I need the few guitars I have in my stable to be gig worthy. I went from owning three gorgeous Emeralds that all amplified just so-so to owning three Cole Clarks that were fantastic. But I missed that bullet proof carbon fiber.

For me, having on-board controls is the absolute best for playing live and so I went looking for CF guitars with that and found the Baggs StagePro which while not as great as the Cole Clark, is more than good enough for what we do. But I do miss those wonderful curves and bevels and the wow-factor of an Emerald woody top!
Old 07-02-2022, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
You're not wrong! That's why I just sold my Froggy Bottom with no pickup system. These days it's all about gigging and I need the few guitars I have in my stable to be gig worthy. I went from owning three gorgeous Emeralds that all amplified just so-so to owning three Cole Clarks that were fantastic. But I missed that bullet proof carbon fiber.

For me, having on-board controls is the absolute best for playing live and so I went looking for CF guitars with that and found the Baggs StagePro which while not as great as the Cole Clark, is more than good enough for what we do. But I do miss those wonderful curves and bevels and the wow-factor of an Emerald woody top!
The funny thing is I spent a good half hour yesterday on the Emerald 3D builder (way cool) and built a guitar from scratch that was something special. After that, I went into their available stock page and found nearly the exact guitar I had just built, right down to the woody top (although a different grain, obviously) and even the fretboard markers. The only difference was the color of the tuning machines which were gold vs the black I had selected but the gold were a close second in my fantasy build! If it would result in my early departure from this life (via the wife) I might have just bought that one from stock!!
Old 07-02-2022, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The funny thing is I spent a good half hour yesterday on the Emerald 3D builder (way cool) and built a guitar from scratch that was something special. After that, I went into their available stock page and found nearly the exact guitar I had just built, right down to the woody top (although a different grain, obviously) and even the fretboard markers. The only difference was the color of the tuning machines which were gold vs the black I had selected but the gold were a close second in my fantasy build! If it would result in my early departure from this life (via the wife) I might have just bought that one from stock!!
The way you swap out guitars, it isn't like she wouldn't expect another change.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
The way you swap out guitars, it isn't like she wouldn't expect another change.
I checked the levels on her 'understanding', 'forgiveness' and 'resignation' gauges the other day and they are all running EXTREMELY low! Conversely, her 'mayhem' tank is full. Good thing I'm only browsing for fun. She said I was free to do that. And she took away my credit card... so there's that.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I checked the levels on her 'understanding', 'forgiveness' and 'resignation' gauges the other day and they are all running EXTREMELY low! Conversely, her 'mayhem' tank is full. Good thing I'm only browsing for fun. She said I was free to do that. And she took away my credit card... so there's that.
Dude, you sold the Froggy!! You need a special Emerald to help mend that guitar shaped hole in your heart.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:42 AM
Charter Member

Well my custom is finally on its way. It’s at the 8:41 mark of this week’s shipping video (9/2). I will definitely post neck width measurements when I get it.

And now the hardest part…..knowing it’s on the way and looking out the window for the delivery truck.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:38 AM

Congrats VJP5!! That's a stunning top for sure that you selected!!
Old 09-04-2022, 05:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaemc2 View Post
Congrats VJP5!! That's a stunning top for sure that you selected!!
Thanks! I’ve watched the video about 6 times already. Guess I’m a little anxious
Old 09-15-2022, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Default Here it is....

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...29#post7087029

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber