The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 02:52 PM

Default SOLD Emerald X20 Select Series (birds-eye maple)

I am selling my like-new Emerald X20 which was the first X20 offered by Emerald Guitars in January, 2017. The guitar was professionally setup and I’m selling because I don’t play it.

$2000 (firm), purchaser will be responsible for actual shipping costs and PayPal fees. I will accept Postal Money Order.

DESCRIPTION
The X20 is a guitar designed with the player in mind and not tradition. It features an ergonomic forearm bevel and a beveled cutaway to give even greater access to the fretboard. Our unique asymmetrical back contours make the X20 sit more comfortably and securely on your knee.
The neck has a very comfortable shallow C profile with a 1 3/4″ nut and the heel is reduced in profile to give better access to the higher frets.
Tonally this guitar has a big voice, We developed a new laminate structure to give it a richer fuller sound and with the unique soundhole placement it gives great projection to the player, while still giving your audience the fullness of your performance.
The X20 Woody is part of the first monthly edition of the Emerald Custom Shop Select Series, a new collection of instruments hand-selected by Alistair Hay every month. It features a beautiful Bird’s Eye Maple veneer from our stock of select veneers sourced by Alistair from all over the world. It has full gloss finish on all surfaces, Gotoh 510 tuners (18:1 ratio), an LR Baggs Element Active System™ – VTC pick-up and comes with a custom Hiscox Lite Flite case.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Scale Length: 25 1/2", 650mm
Nut Width: 1 ¾", 44.5mm
Bridge Spacing: 2 ¼", 57mm
Overall Length: 40", 1020mm
Max Body Width: 15 ¼", 390mm
Max Body Depth : 4 ¾", 120mm
Max Body Length: 19", 480mm
Weight: 4.4lbs, 2kg
Frets: 24 medium stainless steel frets
Tuners: Gotoh 510 tuners 18:1 ratio (gold)
Nut/Saddle: Graphtech low friction nut and saddle
Bridge: Graphtech bridge pins with Paua shell inlay
Pickup: LR Baggs Element Active System™ – VTC
Finish: High gloss finish on all surfaces
Case: Hiscox Custom Lite Flite hard case

Here’s a video of my guitar: https://youtu.be/eu69CUyZAvM

Last edited by rlawton; 01-26-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 01-16-2019, 04:02 AM

I will be driving south from New York to Jacksonville Florida next week and could arrange to meet anywhere along the way.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

Whoa! Smoking deal on an incredible guitar!! Since getting my first Emerald custom woody (I now have two) the X20 has become my main gigging guitar. The most recent release of select series guitars sold out in less then 48 hours and prices were $3k plus. This is a steal! I'd wish you good luck with your sale but I doubt you'll need it!!
Old 01-18-2019, 08:46 AM

Added more pictures including of the case. This guitar has never left my home and has been played maybe a dozen times. The setup makes this guitar very easy to play.

Last edited by rlawton; 01-19-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:46 AM
Charter Member

Can't believe this one hasn't sold yet bump
Old 01-23-2019, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Default Greatness from the Emerald Island!

I acquired an X20 Woody fan fret awhile ago off this forum as the image just called out to me through the cosmic airwaves. I never played one before that. I purchased it from a really great seller and I was off to the races. I'm currently down in Panama, and the sound and playability just keeps on keeping on. Humidity doest touch this guitar, and it sounds just as good down here as it does in Southern California. Quite frankly I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how this guitar is still available. Great guitars for all purposes. I love mine.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

That's a great deal for a beauty ! I already have one, but wish you luck with the sale. Hard to imagine why it's still here....those are a 4 month wait !
Old 01-25-2019, 12:24 PM

PM Sent- I’ll take it!
Frankestein Tele
63 Hofner
Kala Uke
Old 01-26-2019, 11:08 AM

A sad day for me. This guitar has been sold. Thanks, Dadgad4!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars