The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-19-2019, 11:48 AM

Sounds good.

Don't forget that the TD (if I understand correctly) does a bit of EQ magic that, supposedly, notches out frequencies in the W/M creation process that might otherwise be feedback prone, unless of course you are making W/Ms in slot 22.

I find that this can be manipulated by careful positioning although I would find it difficult to describe it in a few sentences it's worth playing about with.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shufflebeat View Post
Sounds good.

Don't forget that the TD (if I understand correctly) does a bit of EQ magic that, supposedly, notches out frequencies in the W/M creation process that might otherwise be feedback prone, unless of course you are making W/Ms in slot 22.

I find that this can be manipulated by careful positioning although I would find it difficult to describe it in a few sentences it's worth playing about with.
I just got done experimenting with the Slate ML-2 training mic, ToneDexter and five guitars. The ML-2 will work out nicely, I can already tell.

One thing I learned is that the "mixed and matched" combination of an OTSS UST and an LR Baggs "barn door" Element preamp is even more excessively bassy than I originally thought. I got a very pleasing WaveMap for that guitar, but to my surprise the WaveMap was noticeably less bassy than the bypassed signal when the bass slider on the barndoor preamp is set for a full 12db cut. Wow.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification