The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-05-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
7 - in this order:

Emerald X20 Artisan (blue)
Rainsong Shorty APLE
Journey OF660
Emerald X20 Custom Woody
Emerald X7 (old style) September Series (2017)
Journey OF660
Emerald X7 Custom Woody (new style)
Nice collection right there...I prolly need a woody X20 someday...my Black one is perfect though.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

Cecil - your PM inbox is full. Couldn't reply to your PM to me!
Old 01-02-2019, 07:38 AM

Four, but only partially (the Cargo not at all) dependent upon remarks found in this forum, and I've never tried a cf guitar before purchasing. I do try to resist any emotional comments that could influence me in one or another direction.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:49 AM

With influence from the MacNichol Forum and the AGF, . . . a few have come and gone, . . . all were great instruments, . . . in approximately the following order:

PRIOR CF:

CA GX (traded away)
CA GXi (with tobacco burst finish; traded away)
RainSong CO-WS1000N2 (traded away)
Emerald X10 Artisan (an early model, I think about 2009 or 2010 model; traded away)
RainSong BI-WS1000N2 (sold)
Emerald X7-OS (very early X7 when offset sound hole was initially introduced; sold)
X20-OS (early X20, with a Woodie top; no truss rod; sold)
RainSong OM-1000N2 (traded for a RainSong Shorty SG, and which was later traded away)
RainSong Shorty FLE (sold)

PRESENT CF (having now migrated to a “short scale” theme):

Emerald X7-OS (green top with black back and sides; which has scale length of 24.0”)
Emerald X20 Opus (Amber finish with truss rod and with custom Short Scale of 24.75”)
Journey RT660 (which has scale length of 24.5”)
Emerald X7 Artisan (new 2018 model, Amber finish, and with custom Short Scale of 24.6”)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

One so far - my Emerald X20. This sub-forum was the primary source of information for me, but by no means the only one.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-02-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
One so far - my Emerald X20. This sub-forum was the primary source of information for me, but by no means the only one.

Wait...!! You cheated on us??... Sigh....I guess we can let it go this time as it did lead to said possession and Club X20 is a great place.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Wait...!! You cheated on us??... Sigh....I guess we can let it go this time as it did lead to said possession and Club X20 is a great place.
Not cheating - just verifying that all the adulation I was reading here was corroborated elsewhere.

Not that I don't trust you lot - especially you, Kramster, as I've been following your CF adventures for years - but when I was about to spend the most money I've ever spent on a single guitar, sight unseen and never played, I wanted to be as reassured as possible.

I've never been more delighted with a guitar purchase than I am with my X20.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Guest 928

Started with a Cargo, went to an Ox, went back to a Peavey Cargo. In the meantime did three Blackbirds, one Rainsong, and 5 Emeralds.

I haven't kept them all; I realized early that I could not afford the money or space for everything I liked. I bought high and sold low counting the difference as rental. It may seem like an expensive obsession, however, once the first guitar was purchased the rest were only incremental in cost. Thus my way of having experienced 12 CF guitars.

I've kept the Rainsong nylon parlor, the X10, slot-head nylon string and the X7thin-body nylon string electric. I'm now vetting a slim-line 10. Something is going to have to go soon or I'll have to stop this outreach.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber