The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

http://www.themusicemporium.com/prod...o-escrito.html

http://www.acousticvibesmusic.com/ca...p?cPath=79_189

http://www.acoustichaven.com/CervConc.html

Call these guys for availability. None of the PE showing in stock, for now.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
Don't bother with Acoustic Haven. I tried to contact that store for over 1month and left several messages, as did others here on the forum. They must be out of business.

Try 12th fret in Canada. They ship to US without any problems. They had a PE modle about 2 weeks ago even though it was not listed on their site.

Music Emporium might have a rosewood modle in stock. It cost more about $300 more than the PE model. They can usually get them in about 2 weeks if you order with them and the builder has them in stock.

Acoustic Vibes Music only has the signature model which doubles the cost of the PE.

Yes, they are very hard to come by. They sell as fast as they come in. Also, try Dream Guitars. They might have some on order and can tell you when they will have more.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:01 PM

Nope. Music Emporium no longer has a rosewood model in stock...

I just bought it! Woo hoo!

It's supposed to arrive in a few days. I'm going to try to "be cool" 'til then. It'll be tough.....

Thanks for all the help "shopping".

Now I just need to sell some more gear to pay for a p'up system. Still don't know what to do about that (the pickup).

Aparicio AA100 Classical Spruce/IR
Guild GAD-50e (meh)
Old 05-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Charter Member

We'll want a full review...and pictures!...after it arrives.

Congratulations!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:01 AM

I can't wait to be able to say "I told you so!". As for the pickup, for what you do, I would suggest going with a dual sorce with a mic and UST with blending capabilities like the Dtar or the K&K. Or your idea about a fishman UST and the Aura is good too. Either one will be ok. For me, it was just a matter of personal taste , application, and budget.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:04 PM

Default Cervantes alert!

I just received a call from Maple Street Guitars in Atlanta that they have just received a long awaited Cervantes Indian rosewood/cedar Crossover. It is not showing as being in stock yet on their website, but it is in. I was on the top of the waiting list and was told that several other people were on it. I tiold the manager that I had already found one but would pass on the info because I knew people were looking. So if you are indeed interested in one, give them a call asap. This store is one of my favorites. Their customer service is top notch.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:54 AM

Talking Aw Shucks!

Joe at the Music Emporium politely called yesterday afternoon. They'd noticed a small(ish) imperfection on the back of the instrument and were gracious enough to let me know PRIOR to shipping. Thanks guys!

Anyway, I passed on the guitar, so I'm still in the market. Perhaps they'll get another in soon.

Could it be possible Toni is getting commissions from Alejandro...? If not, she should be! Just kidding.

Guild GAD-50e (meh)
Old 05-25-2010, 07:25 AM

Lol. No I am not on the payroll. I just know a good thing when I find it and have a passion for finding a great crossover guitar. Did you call Maple Street Guitars? ( see my above post) I am sorry to hear about that imperfection but happy to hear of their honesty. I will just hold on until the day when I can truly say that "I told you so!"
Old 05-25-2010, 07:01 PM

Default Take Two...

OK, Toni, so I debated about whether or not I should "dis" Music Emporium after they were so nice as to let me know about the imperfection on the guitar. After a little reflection, I thought that they won't have ANY trouble selling that fiddle when the replacement comes in.

So, I gave Maple Street a call. They still had the guitar and supposedly--barring any mishaps or imperfections--it'll be shipped tomorrow.

Once again--the Music Emporium guys were great! Knowledgable, helpful, and HONEST. I'd recommend 'em.

Guild GAD-50e (meh)
Old 05-26-2010, 08:12 AM

I will be waiting with great anticipation.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:45 AM

Default ..a better tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2PraiseHim View Post
Closer to the GC size. Actually the Taylors are deeper and more wide. Cevantes is 14 1/4 " wide. Taylors are 15" & 16" wide Thanks for all the kind words. After owning 6 other classical/crossovers, this one trumps them all. It looks & plays just a good as the Taylor NS64ce that I owned but with better tone.
Hi,

I've been following this thread for a while now. Whe you say better tone you mean unplugged correct? Sorry if you mentioned it already. All taylors (NS) I played did not strike me as charachter-rich instruments. Projection was ok and tone was mellow. Have you done any tracking with this guitar already?
I personally don't play anything from the classical repertoir any longer, but mostly latin jazz. The harderst thing I come across with any of the crossover guitars I won (a 20 y old Tak 132SC and a flamenco Cordoba cutaway) that when miced they don't sit too well in the mix. Now, my Alvarez Y140 is a powerful monster, but with 52mm nut is very hard to play. Of course I play fingerstyle. In general, played with a pick most guitars tend to cut through the mix much better.
You got me intrugued with this guitar. I'd like to listen to some soundbites if available. Especially miced...

George
Old 05-28-2010, 07:15 PM

Default Yippee!

Well, Maple Street came through. The "ax" arrived this afternoon. I only had about a half hour or so to play on it before I had to go. I really like it.

It's small, light, lively-feeling. It's good-looking. It smells like my grandparents' cedar-lined closets used to. It's got a nice volume level.

It's so nice, I'd hate to take a drill to it and mount some kind of electro-goo on the inside. Just seems wrong. I think I'm leaning towards a dyn-g or one of the new K&K mics or something.

I've got a gig tomorrow--I'd love to take this along, but I'll have to be patient(er).

Guild GAD-50e (meh)
Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 AM

Default Consternation!

Well, after spending several days with the new ax, and really liking it, I'm making the difficult decision to send it back. It's got some kind of problem with the neck setup and is making some pretty subtle-but-very-much-there buzzing and rattling that shouldn't be there.

Doubting my sanity, ears, technical prowess, etc., I took the guitar to the University and had guitar professor Dr. XXXXX (I'll not name names) play and look at it. He came to the same conclusion--it needs to go back.

So, my faith in Cervantes is slightly shaken--but not yet shattered. It's a good guitar--has some setup issues. Why did it go out that way?

As this is my second one that I've ordered (the first never got sent due to a problem on the back) I'm wondering if quality is somehow suffering due to high demand? I hope not.

Anyway, has anybody else had some quality-control issues with Cervantes?

Guild GAD-50e (meh)
Old 06-01-2010, 09:00 AM

Really surprised to hear that. THe one I ordered from Gryphon had absolutley no issues what so ever. I am glad that you at least got to experience the great tone. But I do know that workmanship quality is an important issue. I hope this is not an indication of slippage.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:44 AM

Default one more day

having read all the threads i called every dealer in north america trying to find one of these elusive crossovers. i bought a signature w/ coco and cedar from Music emporium and it is to be delivered Friday. I would have prfered not spending the extra coin but had trouble locating the escribo and did not want to wait for the next order to arrive. Some have said there is value in the step up others say it is not worth the dough. Would enjoy hearing from anyone who has expierenced both.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical