The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-26-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodallboy View Post
Have you ever tried a Blue Chip thumb pick?
I looked at those recently, it will likely be my next pick purchase to try, as I too am trying to find a thumb pick that I like.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

Default Taking it One step further

I never found a thumb pick that was that comfortable no matter how much I heated and shaped them and I always shortened them to be more like using the side of my thumb nail.

As H165 pointed out the little noticed Kodiak and Sharktooth wrap around thumb picks I have taken it one step further. I didn't care for the actual pic they glue into the wrapping.

So I replace their pick with my favorite Blue Pic picks. I trim them down a little to fit as I want them and have a couple of different thicknesses.

Hands down the most comfortable I have ever used. I can adjust the amount of tightness exactly as I want. I can switch from fingerpicking to flatpicking instantly, mid song. The design allows positioning the pick pretty anywhere along the thumb desired, from by the Knuckle to at the edge of the thumb nail. I have mine just sticking out from the side of the nail.

Several players who noticed the pick and tried them ordered their own.
Yamamoto Jumbo 27 - Bashkin Placencia FanFret Cedar/EIR - Leo Posch DS12 Adj/Hormigo - Ovation Legion shallow body - - Taylor 562 GC 12 String - C. Freeborn Alto- Froggy Bottom H12C Adj/EIR- Ryan Nightengale Engelmann/Af. Blackwood - Kostal MD
Old 01-26-2019, 02:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Voltaire View Post
The Pro-Pick Fingertone thumb pick is quite easily adjustable on your thumb, and the pick part can be easily shaped with a sandpaper.

Another Vote for Pro-Pick.
I have been using them for a few years now. They are easily bendable to fit as snug as you desire. And they are only about $5

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion