The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-22-2001, 09:46 AM

Post Clint Black Signature Model

I hope everybody enjoyed the interview with Clint Black in the latest issue of W&S as much as I did.

I was travelling on business in Anchorage this week on business and stopped in to the local downtown Taylor dealer to see what was new. They had a CBSM locked up in their premium guitar holding room and I asked if I could see it.

Well, I did get to see it and it is a beautiful guitar. This one was #14 of 1000. The abalone inlay and the fretboard inlay is phenomenal. I especially liked the look of it without electronics protruding from the side.

The only problem is I did'nt get to hear it, because the dealer is not letting anyone touch it unless they are seriously thinking of buying it. Unfortunately he had it listed at 5 figures, so I can't tell you how it sounds and I'm not going to be in the market to buy it until I win the lottery.

Has anyone else seen or played one?

- Bill J in Boise
Old 07-03-2001, 11:58 PM

Thumbs up

Hello!

I had the privilege of playing with the CBSM (#56) at Guitar Centre Hollywood. Boy~ she's a beauty AND a stellar guitar!

Whether it was the price or the awesome craftsmanship of Taylor, the CBSM plays like a dream. There was also a 2001 914ce that was there and i compared them both, since the CBSM is somewhat like a 912c. Well... in my opinion, i think the CBSM outdid the 914ce. Smooth... silky. That's the best i can describe about the CBSM.

I've been impressed with all of the Signature Models that Taylor has made so far. I have only tried out the CBSM, DDSM, LKSM, JKSM and the KLSM. Can't wait to try out a CPSM, JCSM or a DCSM (yes, i realise the DC is no longer made!)!
TGF #66

2008 Taylor 714ce
2008 Taylor 914ce (mine but on a temporary "loan" to my dad )
1999 Taylor 310 9906100xx ex-owner
1999 Taylor 310 9911310xx ex-owner

Eu sou brasileiro-coreano com muito orgulho!
Old 07-07-2001, 12:38 AM

Hi All:

If you look through the forum photos, you'll see a photograph of a CBSM. I have #2 of the series of 100. It's a gorgeous instrument and plays like a dream. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Dennis

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification