The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-09-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyrondack View Post
Hi Mitch 145, can you tell us what the E to E string spacing at the saddle is ? Also can you estimate the fretboard radius, maybe if you have played a Martin guitar you can say if the Cort is similar or more curved or more flat? Their website gives no information on these dimensions.
Tak
Hi dude, I tried figuring these things out but I simply dont know how to, hope you get the answers you need. All I know is that the nut is 45 mm.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch145 View Post
Hi dude, I tried figuring these things out but I simply dont know how to, hope you get the answers you need. All I know is that the nut is 45 mm.
That's fine I 'll go and check one out someday. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyrondack View Post
That's fine I 'll go and check one out someday. Thanks.
Anymore feedback as to what this would be like for fingerstyle playing?

I'm seriously considering getting this over a furch.
'20 Guild F150ce
'12 Guild D150ce
'95 Santa Cruz OM (Braced identical to OM/PW)
'20 Takamine E360S-TT
Takamine EG544SC
Seagull Original S6
Seagull Entourage Mini-Jumbo
Yamaha FG830
'20 Yamaha LJ16
'20 Furch Red Pure Gc-SR
'20 Recording King RD-328
Old 05-07-2021, 12:41 AM

I have not had the opportunity to try one out what with non essential shops/travel being outlawed, but really I don't see why it shouldn't be fine for fingerstyle or flatpicking, I think the idea that some guitars are inherently better for one or the other is just a myth.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch145 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys! I just bought a Cort Gold O8 priced 5079 sek (570 USD). I cant believe what im playing for this price. Sounds and feels absolutely amazing. Best guitar I've owned by far!
I never played a Cort acoustic, but I have a simply amazing T-style Cort 'Classic TC', designed by local luthier Hugh Manson who also builds for members of Led Zeppelin, Yes, Jethro Tull, etc. It's the best 'Tele' I have owned-and that includes several high end Fenders which have come and gone.
As you have discovered Cort's own brand are very high quality instruments for relatively little outlay.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:01 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool555 View Post
Congrats! That’s a really good buy! I was very fascinated with the beautiful solid pau ferro back n sides of that Gold 08 that I tried. Enjoy playing your new guitar!
I think this feedback was given after I tried it once at the Guitar Centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodry View Post

It was about 8 months ago that I tried the Cort Gold 08. I was fascinated by the Torrefied top, solid pau ferro b/s and for about US$590, it seemed like an awesome deal. So I did try it the second time at the GC but this time, I didn't like it as much as the first time I tried it. Same guitar, I noted the serial number. So I decided not to get it as I also had enough guitars then.

I think your Yamaha LJ16 ARE is better than the Gold 08. I owned a Yamaha LS16 ARE once. It's just my personal view. YMMV. If you can try it before buying or if there's a return policy, then it's still worth giving it a go. It's still a good guitar considering its price.
Taylor GS Mini Koa (2017)
Martin LX1 (2009)

Last edited by Cool555; 05-07-2021 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodry View Post

Hi - Just got hold of the Cort Gold O6 and can confirm it is lovely and seems perfect for fingerstyle. Warm, surprisingly loud. I am just deciding whether to change the Daddario XTs which it came with and sound pretty good! I think the torrification seems to have warmed up the tone, so it sits between cedar and spruce. Lovely mahogany back and sides. Great value for £550.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion