The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-28-2016, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Default NGD - EMERALD X-7

Just received a new Emerald X-7 from Alistair/Sean in Ireland.
What a very pleasant surprise! Wonderful feel and impressive tone!
I have had several CA guitars including the Cargo and several OX models. As well a Rainsong Dread and OM.
The X-7 is a very refreshing upgrade to all of the above, in overall feel and in tone.
I found both the Rainsong and the CA guitars to be a bit harsh. The Cargo had a little too much bass (And I love bass!)
The construction of the X-7 is superior. One impressive factor is that the top is gloss while the back and sides are matte. This helps keep the guitar from 'sliding' on your lap.

The transaction, via Sean, was great. He is a super communicator. Took my emails in the late evening (his time) and responded with detail.

Good job Alastair and crew!

Last edited by Kupuna50; 12-28-2016 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Add pix
Old 12-28-2016, 10:31 AM

Wot ? No picturs ?

Flagrant abuse of the forum rules that.

Congratulations anyway, I recently got a used X7 m'self, beautiful little guitar but I can't be bothered photographing it either !
Old 12-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Yellow penalty flag for no sound clips!

Red penalty flag for no pics!

Lol....yeah, Sean at Emerald is the bomb.

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2016, 11:36 AM

I always read these Emerald threads with interest. We have a CA Cargo that we are quite happy with (it lives in taro patch tuning) so there is little interest at our house for another CF travel guitar. But I do have considerable interest in the bigger Emeralds, like the X20-12 twelve string or the double neck Chimaera in six & twelve configuration.

I've had two NGD's this year, but will never post about them because I don't want to set up a photo hosting account and don't have time to make audio samples. Throw all the penalty flags you want....
Old 12-28-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupuna50 View Post
...I found both the Rainsong and the CA guitars to be a bit harsh. The Cargo had a little too much bass (And I love bass!)
The construction of the X-7 is superior...
CA and Rainsong sound harsh, and have inferior construction to emerald?? Wow, Zach, what is Alistair shipping with those guitars?
Old 12-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

When I got my X7, there was a photo shoot on a flash drive included - what a spectacular way to show off the new acquisition, with a professional photo shoot.

I played one of my wood guitars this morning... and spent a good deal of that time thinking, "I should really put this down and pick up the X7." Yep, it's that good. I'm trying to spread the love around, but the X7 still gets the most play time.

Congrats on your new X7 - a truly delightful small(ish) guitar that doesn't feel small.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion