The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckallred View Post
I have a DRS2. Mahogany neck. Killer guitar for the money. Really enjoy the sound and playability. You will love it!!
Seconded. I've been in the market for a cutaway model and can't justify getting rid of my DRS2 to help finance it. Great value for the money
Old 05-06-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckallred View Post
I have a DRS2. Mahogany neck. Killer guitar for the money. Really enjoy the sound and playability. You will love it!!
Are you sure DRS2 mahogany neck???
My new DRS2 2017 is stratabond neck
Old 05-06-2018, 09:35 PM

Bought my DRS2 last year and it has a solid Mahogany 1 3/4 inch neck. I'm sure this is the latest standard.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:05 AM

Default Update:

So after some shipping misadventures, I got the guitar yesterday, and I have to say I love it so far! I also figured out that it's actually a 2016 (the seller thought it was a 2015). the seller has a stratabond neck, but so far I really don't mind it. The pickups sound amazing relative to others I have heard, even through the fender electric guitar amp I played it through! And it plays so smoothly. I restrung it was D'Addario lights, but I may swap those out for Martin's at some point.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:16 AM

Like several others above, I own a DRS2 so I can't really comment on the DRS1 except to say the Road Series is a very fine line of guitars! On mine, the fret ends needed a little dressing but after that, she plays like a dream. Deep woody tones with lots of harmonics.

I'm curious what the differences are between the DRS1 and DRS2. Being very new to Martin ownership, I'm not familiar with their naming schemes (assuming the 1 an 2 actually mean something).

At any rate, enjoy your new guitar!

Best,
PJ
Old 05-09-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
Like several others above, I own a DRS2 so I can't really comment on the DRS1 except to say the Road Series is a very fine line of guitars! On mine, the fret ends needed a little dressing but after that, she plays like a dream. Deep woody tones with lots of harmonics.

I'm curious what the differences are between the DRS1 and DRS2. Being very new to Martin ownership, I'm not familiar with their naming schemes (assuming the 1 an 2 actually mean something).

At any rate, enjoy your new guitar!

Best,
PJ
DRS1 has a Sapele top and DRS2 has a Sitka top.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:12 AM

Well, there you go.

PJ
Old 12-04-2023, 01:44 AM

I have two friends with DRS1's with Stratabond necks, and they're both great. Yes, they're neckdive-y, but I'm mainly a bass player and my main bass has a neck like a utility pole so I'm used to it. And I play with a strap, even sitting down, which mitigates the dive a bit. The thing I like about both of these guitars is that they're loud and articulate, but don't sound expensive.

Couch Standards

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove, martin