The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-14-2024, 01:54 PM

Default I’m going in !

But carefully! So before I start I have a guitar where the top sunk in a bit it was pretty bad and I bought it that way . It was something I didn’t look at hard and when it came in it wasn’t the guitar I thought it was meaning I had no idea it was a jumbo . It looked sweet sounded great but the only thing that caught my eye was the action and saddle height . Later I discovered the warp in the top . The builder didn’t think it was possible to fix or fix warped tops in general. So since I’m an outside the box fix it type I decided to take it on .

So after a year or 2 of only playing it 5 minutes when I got it I removed the strings and humidified it in its case in my room keeping the humidity constant best I could .

So it had a 1/4 inch dip in the sound hole to bridge area it’s now about a 1/8 inch . It came with a bridge doctor or whatever its first given name was from manufacturer so that might clue to the maker lol

I decided to take some pics inside and F! If I didn’t find some water marks . On the tail block end . Well that said exactly what happened to this poor guitar . Lucky it’s still in very good condition other wise .

So I’m thing about building a coffin or if you more experienced builders and tinkers have a better way to ani up the humidity to very slowly bring the top up that extra push please share your thoughts !
Thanks [emoji4]

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Breedlove Ed Gerhard signature master class jumbo
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------
Old 04-14-2024, 03:26 PM

I used a very big plastic bag.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
I used a very big plastic bag.

With sponges or other ? Did you poke a hole with humidity gauge ?Cover just the body ?
Thanks

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Breedlove Ed Gerhard signature master class jumbo
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------
Old 04-16-2024, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riakstonic View Post
With sponges or other ? Did you poke a hole with humidity gauge ?Cover just the body ?
Thanks
Hopefully no wise cracks from redir (). It was a big baggie. Pan of water with a fan blowing over it. The individual levels are removable to get bigger items in.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair