The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-28-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
I wouldn't be able to adequately respond without making a politically charged statement.
Lol don't worry I can read between the lines on that one.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:02 PM

Deal breaker for me is these are all 43mm nuts
Old 04-28-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towzer View Post
1.69" to save others the calculation. ;-)
Old 04-28-2019, 09:48 PM

The “Engrish” in the description is priceless:

“Answer:HPL is the abbreviation of high-pressure laminate, a new Environment-Friendly Material which can be replaced to the normal wood for a guitar, it also reduces the pressure on natural resources with will not out of shape and not affected by weather changes advancements. This material brings a warm and stable sound. You can take and play it wherever without worry about the ukulele will be out of shape when climate humidifies or dry”
Old 04-29-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Just a little over 11/16, perfect. So tired of the finger style 1 3/4 compliance lol.
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom
Old 04-29-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
I agree. While some people will surely appreciate the small nut width that's a little too small for my taste. I felt like posting cause I admit I was extremely close to being the guinea pig and pulling the trigger on one. With a transacoustic system (though unknown how good it is) coupled with everything else that's one helluva value.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:22 AM

Well, it depends on how much room is left on the left and right side of the strings. I like a wide strings spacing (38mm between the center of the low E and the high e) and with many guitars that have a 1 11/16 neck I was able to get a new nut with a wider strings spacing. For example, there was ample room with my Godin 5th avenue, there is ample room with the chinese built Breedlove guitars, etc...
Old 04-29-2019, 11:28 AM

I also noticed that Enya sells an all hpl jumbo size acoustic-electric model, with koa pattern, for $198,00 Way Depot in Connecticut have some in stock and shipping with Priority is $ 21.00. I looked at some YouTube videos of this guitar and honestly I was quite impressed. Yes I know that you can tweak the audio, but some of these videos were from private players not endorsed by Enya, and some were just recorded with a cellphone. What surprised me with the tone of this guitar is that it is clear, not muddy as most HPL acoustics from Martin low end line.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os_RZ4YfWhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlMayGahKC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHji8unEfI

Last edited by gerardo1000; 04-29-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:50 AM
Guest 928

If that guitar is sold for $198.00, it is a buy.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:05 PM

Agreed. While these may not have the appointments of the high end CF/composite offerings, they sound good.

And i would have reservations about the MIC connections, but my OF660 is Chinese built and I love that thing!
Old 04-29-2019, 12:22 PM

but there is wood braces inside... It may still need to be humidified if you don't want those braces shrinking and popping off the sound board.

Kronbauer DRN Adi/HOG
Kronbauer DRN Adi/RW
Taylor 510 Limited 2003
Taylor 320e Limited Baritone 2014
RainSong Shorty SS 12fret
RainSong CO-DR1000NT
Mainland Ceder/RW tenor Uke.
Outdoor tenor Uke
Heywire Custom Swamp ash Strat
Old 04-30-2019, 04:44 AM

I ordered the EA-X1, the cheapest one, all hpl including the top, from Way Depot. They ship from the States (only $21.00 with USPS Priority Mail) and had two in stock. I will post a review when I get it !
Old 04-30-2019, 09:00 AM
Guest 928

Gerardo;

Way cool! I think we're all looking forward to your assessment.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Following up my order of the Enya EA-X1 all hpl body guitar... well I should have known that there was a glitch... before placing the order, the on line page of Way Depot (officially based in Monroe, CT) asks me my zip code in order to calculate shipping. It comes out that shipping is $21.00, carrier is USPS Priority Mail. Fine, I hit the "place the order" button. After a few hours, I receive an e-mail from Way Depot Customer Service that informs me that for the model without a pick up there is a 15 days wait, while if I upgrade to the acoustic-electric model, they will ship the same day. The difference is just $40.00, so I accept and pay the difference. The day after I receive a shipping confirmation and...the tracking number looks different from the standard tracking number from USPS, and the expected delivery date is...1 month from today...
I write to Customer Service and...yes, the guitar will be shipped from a remote location (China?) and guess what? They just changed the shipping option from Domestic USPS Priority Mail to... Express Mail International. Of course, they have already charged my credit card. Well, if the guitar will be as good as I hope it will be, it is not the end of the world, but this tricky way to operate doesn't look very good.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
Following up my order of the Enya EA-X1 all hpl body guitar... well I should have known that there was a glitch... before placing the order, the on line page of Way Depot (officially based in Monroe, CT) asks me my zip code in order to calculate shipping. It comes out that shipping is $21.00, carrier is USPS Priority Mail. Fine, I hit the "place the order" button. After a few hours, I receive an e-mail from Way Depot Customer Service that informs me that for the model without a pick up there is a 15 days wait, while if I upgrade to the acoustic-electric model, they will ship the same day. The difference is just $40.00, so I accept and pay the difference. The day after I receive a shipping confirmation and...the tracking number looks different from the standard tracking number from USPS, and the expected delivery date is...1 month from today...
I write to Customer Service and...yes, the guitar will be shipped from a remote location (China?) and guess what? They just changed the shipping option from Domestic USPS Priority Mail to... Express Mail International. Of course, they have already charged my credit card. Well, if the guitar will be as good as I hope it will be, it is not the end of the world, but this tricky way to operate doesn't look very good.
Yeah that seems like a pretty dirty move by them, thanks for sharing the info. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber