The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

Talking A distant Irish cousin came for a visit and we love her so much we adopted her!

My 'boys' always knew about their sweet little Irish cousin out in the desert but they had never met face-to-face. After several months of back and forth the dad's and an uncle decided that these three should finally meet in person. The reunion was joyous and a grand time was had by all.

It was over too soon and we were preparing to say goodbye and send her back home but we just couldn't bear to see her go so after a few more PM's, texts and emails we made the decision to adopt this fine young thing.

She's slender, elegant, delicate and has just the sweetest voice you've ever heard. The problem now is I'm not sure I can afford to feed all three mouths. The brothers are looking a little nervous...

Anyway, I'll be making a video demo and review in the next few days. Stay tuned for more but for now I'll post the family photo below. I'm sure that a good many of you will remember all three of these dandy Irish lads and lass!
Old 05-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

Family photos

Old 05-07-2019, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Striking !
Old 05-07-2019, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Glad to see that sweet thing found a “forever home “... yeah, I know “forever “ is a relative term around here, but good to see she is appreciated for the unique beauty she is. A bit thinner than stock, as I recall?

Congrats!
Old 05-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Guest 928

What a beautiful threesome. My compliments on your good taste. Looking forward to the demo.............................
Old 05-07-2019, 03:12 PM

I thought she would be green...
Old 05-07-2019, 03:37 PM

Nice x 3.......the new one is sure one heck of a looker!!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 05-07-2019, 05:51 PM

That is a brilliant piece of royal ebony...congratulations.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:55 PM
Guest 928

Yes, that middle guitar, the Royal Ebony, is a looker. Reveals a great sense of taste, if I say so myself, which I just did.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Yes, that middle guitar, the Royal Ebony, is a looker. Reveals a great sense of taste, if I say so myself, which I just did.
Lol - thought you said that Alistair picked that veneer out? Or did you make the call for the Royal Ebony and he just picked out which one? Either way, bravo to you both!
Old 05-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Guest 928

I've been a fan of the Royal Ebony and had it with two Emeralds. Alistair did the specific pick.

In looking at the new veneers available, I've liked the way Alistair runs a template over the wood to display various options. I'm aiming for one of two possible options for my 6th Emerald.

I have a well defined vision for my 6th Emerald, but Alistair is not showing much enthusiasm for the project so I'm not sure if there is another Emerald in my future. I may just have to live with the jewels I have.

Currently held: X10N, Rainsong Parlor, X7 ultra-thin nylon electric.
Past and current possessions: 2 Cargos, 1 Ox, 3 Blackbirds, 5 Emeralds.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber