The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-30-2014, 02:03 PM

Default My new guitar - Peter S Rodman ("PSR")

After reading some great posts on AGF about Peter and his completion of the Bruce Sexauer Master Class Workshop, I decided to take the plunge and buy one of guitars that he was currently working on.

It came in a few weeks ago and I am absolutely blown away. I'll admit that I was more than a little nervous when ordering as he isn't as well know as other builders and his guitars are not readily available to play, but so far everything about this guitar has exceeded my expectations. The craftsmanship is top notch and the tone is to die for. It sounds amazing played both fingerstyle as well as with a flatpick. The neck is oh so comfortable and feels like silk. And it's drop dead gorgeous to boot (I know..looks are everything).

I've played some really high end guitars made some of the best and most well respected Luthiers and I wouldn't trade this for any of them.

OM 13-fret with Guatemalan Rosewood back and sides.

Just wanted to share my new beauty and thank Peter for building me such a wonderful guitar. Time to starting talking about build #2
Old 03-30-2014, 02:18 PM

That looks really nice, glad to hear it plays just as well.

Have you got any photos of the back?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:30 PM

I'll take pic of the finished back, but here is one before it was ready. It has such beautiful grains.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:25 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Wow, very nice!
Old 04-05-2014, 05:20 PM

Default Thanks to Rossw

Ross's praise of the guitar I have built for him shows the work was a success., and I am very pleased to read such high praise from him for the outcome. He was very patient as I took about 2 months more than anticipated to ship it to him. This was a result of changing the top and then completely refinishing the body. As the last coat of varnish went on, I noticed a hairline crack developing on the treble side below the sound hole in the original Adirondack red spruce top. I couldn't send out a guitar in that condition, so the top was replaced with a sitka top (braced with red spruce) that promised to be excellent; it tapped with a very strong tone and exceptional sustain.

Here are a couple of pix of the back and sides of the instrument. IMO, the Nicaraguan rosewood is gorgeous:

The full specs of the guitar are available here. Ross's guitar is the third one down on the page.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 AM

Great pics Peter as they really capture the beauty of the wood grains and the luster of the finish. Although..pics can not do this beauty justice.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:39 PM

Beautiful guitar!! Love the rosewood.
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop