The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-04-2023, 01:26 PM

Default NAAD, excellent deal edition

That's New Acoustic Amp Day, in case you didn't know. After last weekend's gig when I couldn't hear myself, but I could hear the other guitarist since he brought an amp (I was running a Pod Go direct), I decided I don't ever want to be completely at the mercy of someone else who's running the monitors. So, I decided I needed an acoustic amp.

I looked at the usual suspects - Fishman Loudbox Mini (what he was using), Boss Acoustic Singer, Marshall AD50, etc....I decided I really liked the Boss Acoustic Singer Live, but didn't want to spend that much. Then I discovered the existence of the Live LT, which someone had listed locally - sells nw for $450, instead of the $580 for the regular Live. It has a few less bells and whistles, but seemed like a good choice. While I was debating with myself, he dropped his price from $300 to $250, so I jumped.

I met him this morning, looked it over, handed him the cash and put it in my car. As he was driving away I took a second look, and it finally registered with me that not only was it very clean, but it had a harmonizer and looper - yup, it was the more expensive version rather than the LT. So, got the exact amp I wanted at an excellent price. Have been playing around with it, and it sounds fantastic - can't wait for next practice!!!

1987 Peavey Patriot bass
Old 02-04-2023, 01:49 PM

Sweet! Congrats. How do your Eastman guitars sound through it? I've got an AC422ce on my radar. Are yours equipped with the LR Baggs element system?
Old 02-04-2023, 01:59 PM

I should mention, his ad had been up for a month, titled only "acoustic amp" with a picture of an LT from Sweetwater - so there was no way of knowing before meeting and making the deal. Part of me feels mildly guilty, but I gave him his precise asking price, so only mildly.
1987 Peavey Patriot bass
Old 02-04-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Sweet! Congrats. How do your Eastman guitars sound through it? I've got an AC422ce on my radar. Are yours equipped with the LR Baggs element system?
Thanks! They're sounding wonderful. My 322 has the Baggs Element, the 222 has a Sonitone - and the Acoustic Resonance control on the amp makes even the Sonitone sound great!
1987 Peavey Patriot bass
Old 02-04-2023, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

Nice score Aahzz! I've read good things about those. Congrats and let us know your thoughts after practice/gigs.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification