The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-30-2023, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargabor View Post
... The JBL Eon: Well the app doesn't work anymore in mine. I think it was a flat setting when the app was functional.
Why did your JBL app stop working? Was there an update to either after which it stopped working? Did the Bluetooth stop working on the unit or your device, or were you able to connect but the speaker didn't respond? Did you contact JBL about the problem?
2009 Hoffman SJ
2011 Hoffman SJ 12

https://paulashley.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulAshley
https://www.reverbnation.com/paulashley
Old 01-30-2023, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpa53 View Post
Why did your JBL app stop working? Was there an update to either after which it stopped working? Did the Bluetooth stop working on the unit or your device, or were you able to connect but the speaker didn't respond? Did you contact JBL about the problem?
I have been procrastinating on that end due to my aversion to apps and BT in general.You are right that I need to troubleshoot this glitch...
Old 01-30-2023, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
Interesting you heard distortion. I personally don’t hear any on mine. Volume wise, how did the JBL fair?
The JBL 's volume is OK, a bit less power than the Everse.Not significant IMO
Old 01-30-2023, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargabor View Post
The JBL 's volume is OK, a bit less power than the Everse.Not significant IMO
You should retry your test with a high pass filter if you didn’t on the Everse. It makes it capable of hitting higher volumes cleaner if needed.
Old 01-30-2023, 01:37 PM

Very new to amplification & live sound -- but I picked up an Everse8 3-4 weeks ago, and after reading through some of these posts started messing with the EQ and a Hi Pass filter, and it's remarkable the improvement it made.

This thing is friggin' awesome now and I can't imagine it being better in any way unless it had a 3rd input!
Old 01-30-2023, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undream View Post
Very new to amplification & live sound -- but I picked up an Everse8 3-4 weeks ago, and after reading through some of these posts started messing with the EQ and a Hi Pass filter, and it's remarkable the improvement it made.

This thing is friggin' awesome now and I can't imagine it being better in any way unless it had a 3rd input!
Someone gave me an amazing tip for this. They use a mic combiner if they need two mics. You can also get a headphone Jack converter and use channel 3. It won’t have any effects but it’s workable.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
You should retry your test with a high pass filter if you didn’t on the Everse. It makes it capable of hitting higher volumes cleaner if needed.
At what level did you set your high pass? And since high pass is set in the PEQ section, can it be enabled while still using GEQ settings?
2009 Hoffman SJ
2011 Hoffman SJ 12

https://paulashley.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulAshley
https://www.reverbnation.com/paulashley
Old 01-31-2023, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
At what level did you set your high pass? And since high pass is set in the PEQ section, can it be enabled while still using GEQ settings?
Dear Lord there are a lot of settings on this thing. I thought high pass was referring to the two low-cut options on the individual channels. (Which I finally started using on my 30m and boy did that clean up the mud on my guitar)
Old 01-31-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I think the channel is fine. I always set it around 80 or so. You can use the channel one, but if the main speaker is eq’d it’ll just do it anyway. Regarding your other question, not sure. You could always just dial down those lows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Dear Lord there are a lot of settings on this thing. I thought high pass was referring to the two low-cut options on the individual channels. (Which I finally started using on my 30m and boy did that clean up the mud on my guitar)
Agreed. Adds volume and definition. Lots of features for sure.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:38 PM

BTW, you can use BOTH the bluetooth AND 3.5mm input at the same time on the 3rd channel.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
BTW, you can use BOTH the bluetooth AND 3.5mm input at the same time on the 3rd channel.
This is a good way to gain an input if you don’t mind not having effects.
Old 02-01-2023, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Has anyone ever done this or seen it done live? I thought bluetooth latency would make that unusable for live gigging.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Has anyone ever done this or seen it done live? I thought bluetooth latency would make that unusable for live gigging.
I’ve experimented with this. I’ve set up backing trackings and stood like ten feet away. Works perfectly. Just be mindful of the space, depending on the room you’re in you can lose Bluetooth walking too far away. But it works well.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:40 PM

I own both the Bose S1 Pro and Pro 8 line array.

Small to medium pub and brewery gigs.. solo guitar/singer shows.

Been thinking of swapping the S1 for Everse 8. Mainly because I've read the mixer is more robust and the EV has a better vocal input and volume. So it may work alone and not have to lug the Pro 8 for smaller shows.... Also, thinking the EV would be a much better stage monitor than the Bose S1 when using the Pro 8.

Would the Everse 8 be better choice?
Old 02-01-2023, 09:32 PM

I’ve seen guys use the S1 for small stuff and it sounds great. But I use the Everse for a lot. I’ve used it as a harmonica amp in a bad. And it wasn’t even all the way up https://youtu.be/aY_-jPLAkgg

The bassist uses one and it sounds great. It has a lot of volume. I think it could be the only speaker for many performers.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification