The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-03-2023, 09:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaprism View Post
This can happen with any guitar support device. It happens to me with the Sagework as well.

To prevent the "sliding forward," I use a thin cord, one end tied to the back of the chair (or to a belt loop of my pants), the other hooked on to the support. I make the cord length-adjustable so that it can be used for different chairs.
Sounds like the beginning of something like a "guitar harness." It goes around the waist like a belt, but with the buckle (or clip) on the side. It would have adjustable cords that clip onto the side of the harness and the other end would clip on to a suction cup that is placed on the back of the guitar, or be able to clip onto a neck up device. Hmm.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 02-04-2023, 04:52 AM

I've used a Dynarette for a number of years now. It works but I can't say it's a better option than the footstool. Plus the Dynarette provides a wonderful palette of "fart" noises when I'm recording. I'm interested in a number of newer products but I want to try them out first.

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/de...&content=songs
Old 02-06-2023, 07:11 AM

I used an ergoplay tappert for 2 years and in the last 2 months I switched to using a medium guitarlift and I'm quite happy.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picking Dick View Post
I sent for a Leg Cushion from Amazon and got it yesterday. I’m a bit clumsy with it so far, but it worked.

I have a foot rest, but I’ve crushed it twice. I don’t care for it’s wobbliness either.
Some are saying that they’re bad for one’s back too, even though guitarists have been usin’ them for years and years.

Does anyone else use a Leg Cushion?
I use a variety of supports - a foot rest, various devices that suction cup onto the side of the guitar, and a Sage support that attaches via magnets. My favorite so far, in regard to stability and easy of use is the Guitar Lift. Although I'm still not a fan of suction cups, and I can't use this on all my guitars due to delicate finishes.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Bradford Weiner suggests putting a sticky shelf liner available in black on the left leg and it really works. Look @ 19:00

I have a Barnett SageWork and extra magnets and a Dynarette large pillow too, but now on both of my classicals, I use the cling vinyl mentioned in the video and I bought the large GuitarLift. I love it. I had to widen the leg cut-out with a Dremel tool but it took 5 minutes. The GuitarLift allows the guitar to fully vibrate even when it’s against your chest and it’s just so locked in and comfortable.

I have 5-6 NeckUps that I use on all my acoustics (on the right leg though).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical