The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-26-2022, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

Default Yamaha NTX question

Published specs for string space at the saddle says 53MM which translates to 2.08 inches. Or a bit over 2 1/16Ē string spacing at the saddle. Thatís narrower than most steel strings. Iím interested in one of these as a crossover nylon guitar for primarily fingerstyle , but that string spacing is concerning me. Can anyone that has one verify? Seems an odd spacing for a guitar with a 1 7/8Ē nut and some classical DNA.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2022, 03:16 PM

I have one, just got it recently, and yes, it's that narrow. Honestly, it's not been an issue for me, as the spacing is very similar on my Martin 000-15m.

My left hand needed to adjust for a bit as I was used to a much wider classical neck, but after a week or so of playing I'm finding the guitar very comfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 12-01-2022, 05:07 PM

I have a NTX3, and I am going to sell it. I really hoped that I could adjust to the neck, but couldn't.

I am a fingerpicker, and it is the Chet Atkins stuff that is causing me trouble. I do a lot of thumb overs, and expected the narrow neck to be a blessing. Turned out to be too much of a good thing.

YMMV

Martin OM-28V
Alvarez Masterworks MD70EBG
Godin Arena Pro CW Bourbon Burst
Udo Roesner Da Capo 75

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical