The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-06-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitararmy View Post
That is an amazing music man cave!!

Indeed..He acutaully calls it “Music Man Cave” ....MMC...
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 07-06-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
.....still some more panels to be added in the stage area room plus some in back of room out of photo. Ceiling is isolated from roof. The room is well balanced from what all can tell.. The sound engineer and co-designer said this is prolly the best large treated room in the state and he knows stuff... They did a sound proof test...105 db and shut the double sliding doors and outside sliding door and could barley be heard...
"Acoustics" can be a misleadingly generic phrase. I was thinking of absorption to control reverberation and reflections inside the room -- room acoustics. You were talking about indoor-outdoor sound isolation through the building envelope. It's all good though..... still an impressive man-cave. I have consulted on the design of similar rooms - in neighborhoods that I cannot afford.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
"Acoustics" can be a misleadingly generic phrase. I was thinking of absorption to control reverberation and reflections inside the room -- room acoustics. You were talking about indoor-outdoor sound isolation through the building envelope. It's all good though..... still an impressive man-cave. I have consulted on the design of similar rooms - in neighborhoods that I cannot afford.
I figured you were... he has some sound absorption (reflection and nodal lines).. adding more... 2 inside walls and ceiling is all isolated . Keeps getting better. They have all the cool measuring devices...It’s all about the room with the stage. Panels behind curtain as well and on back wall opposite the stage.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber