The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-15-2019, 06:23 AM

Default Anyone use SongBook???

Anyone using SongBook for organizing music?

I've got about 300 songs in it and keep coming up with an issue when I'm playing live to where the tempo of the song is changed to where it scrolls faster when I go to play that song.

I have it linked to dropbox to save the settings, but for some reason it changes after being saved.

Any tips or suggestions for saving the time stamp on how fast the song scrolls when playing??

Thanks

respect that EVERY guitar is different!!!

Taylor 656ce
Taylor 610e
Taylor 210e DLX
Taylor W14
Taylor GS8
Taylor 356ce
BR-371
Gibson J-45 Custom Walnut/Adi
Martin D16-R
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Mextele
Gibson Les Paul Std
Gibson SG Std
Charvel Model 2
Old 05-15-2019, 06:45 AM

I use SongBook but I find that edit out everything but the lyrics so that it all fits on one page. For me, the issue wasn't so much that it was moving too fast or slow, it was that I'd be interacting with the few folks that were paying attention and by the time I looked back, it had scrolled to the end of the song.

I think a page turning pedal would help a lot.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:10 AM

I've been a Songbook user for a few years now, but never use the scroll function. Are you "saving" your tempo with the song? I agree with using a page turning pedal, and if I used the function that's how I'd do it. Here's the docs:

Quote:
The play button will start auto-scrolling the song. You can adjust the tempo with the slider. If you have found a suitable scrolling speed, tap Save to save the current scroll tempo in the song (as a {tempo-iphone/ipad: } directive). To temporarily pause the current scrolling, tap with two fingers anywhere on the screen. Repeating this multiple times will add to the delay. A three-finger tap will start/stop auto-scrolling without the need to open the auto-scroll toolbar. Note: this will only work if you have not assigned this gesture to some other function in the global iOS settings.

You can optionally insert {pause: x} directives somewhere in a song, where x denotes a pause in seconds (e.g. {pause: 20} to pause for 20 seconds). When the line with this pause statement reaches the top of the screen, auto-scrolling will pause for this amount of time. You can also put that directive at the top of the song to delay the auto-scroll start.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:35 PM

I love songbook, use it all the time.

I've not used the scroll function -- found I prefer to use a footpedal to scroll pages when needed.

But I do recommend contacting Soundbook support about your question. In my experience the guy who writes the program is very responsive to inquiries.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write