The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-04-2016, 06:39 AM

Default CF acoustic, K&K mini and BodyRez ?

Anyone using a BodyRez with a Carbon Fiber acoustic guitar equipped with K&K mini ?

I was thinking about getting the T.C. Helicon play acoustic pedal that includes BodyRez.
I'm concerned that BodyRez is probably designed more for general characteristics of wood acoustic guitars than carbon fiber acoustic guitars.

That maybe the pre-adjusted magic of the BodyRez, that enhances the natural sound for a wood body acoustic, might be disastrous for a carbon fiber acoustic.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
Anyone using a BodyRez with a Carbon Fiber acoustic guitar equipped with K&K mini ?

I was thinking about getting the T.C. Helicon play acoustic pedal that includes BodyRez.
I'm concerned that BodyRez is probably designed more for general characteristics of wood acoustic guitars than carbon fiber acoustic guitars.

That maybe the pre-adjusted magic of the BodyRez, that enhances the natural sound for a wood body acoustic, might be disastrous for a carbon fiber acoustic.
What you're suggesting sounds like a recipe for extreme feedback in a live-performance scenario. I personally wouldn't use BodyRez with a K&K or any SBT system because you should be getting plenty of top and body resonance from the nature of the SBT system. Maybe, you'd be able to get some benefit when using BodyRez with a K&K system in a direct recording situation in which no room amplification is being used.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber