The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-27-2019, 04:05 AM

Would these transfer sound from a small mixer to a powered speaker ?
Old 05-27-2019, 04:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
I can't speak to the Carvin model specifically but last year we used the little Xvive system that I bought initially for my guitar to run our output signal from a powered speaker to another remote powered speaker and it worked great.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if it did. However, the new-ish Xvive U3 XLR units are designed for just that so you may want to check them out. I was (am?) considering them for my mixer to 2 QSCs but at over $400 usd it'd be a fairly costly solution to a questionable "problem".

Last edited by Daniel Grenier; 05-27-2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if it did. However, the new-ish Xvive U3 XLR units are designed for just that so you may want to check them out. I was (am?) considering them for my mixer to 2 QSCs but at over $400 usd it'd be a fairly costly solution to a questionable "problem".

Thanks Daniel. My mixer has only 1/4” out.

I had considered this Xvive going from my TC Helicon Play Acoustic to my Bose S1 Pro. However I still need a mid EQ cut for vocals and guitar - so I added a Behringer 1002B, which can use batteries. Great sound and more immediate control at my feet. I mounted the mixer together with the Play Acoustic on my pedalboard. I also mounted my mic stand on my pedalboard. Now all battery operated. I would like to lose the cable from the mixer to the speaker. All wires are now self contained on the pedalboard - except the wire from the pedalboard to the S1 Pro.

My biggest concern now would be insuring everything has fresh batteries and everything is charged.
- Play Acoustic using power bank
- battery for guitar
- battery for mixer
- full charge for wireless connection ( per this post)
- full charge for S1 Pro

I will have to dedicate a charging area for all components to insure a full charge for each before heading out to play.

Sorry for the ramble. i just wanted to give details in case anyone offers advice. Sorry to the OP if this detracts from the original post.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I can't speak to the Carvin model specifically but last year we used the little Xvive system that I bought initially for my guitar to run our output signal from a powered speaker to another remote powered speaker and it worked great.
Surprised that worked. The Xvive U2 was a complete bust for me and I tried two. Just a lot of cut outs and noise. The Line 6 G10 has been the best I have come across. I actually played a show at my school for the students and I used the G10. I left the stage and ran around the cafeteria, which is quite massive and can easily hold 300-400 students. Even at the very back of the room, I had a loud/clear signal. I know it doesn't work well with active pickups but for some reason it's fine with my active Godin A8 mandolin. I will probably get the G10S down the road.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Surprised that worked. The Xvive U2 was a complete bust for me and I tried two. Just a lot of cut outs and noise.
The Xvive U2 was the best for me for no noise and cutouts. Best distance as well. But they had an issue where when I'd mute the strings suddenly at the end of the song I'd get a loud 'POP' sound that was awful. But it was too late to return them. I've never heard anyone else say anything about that kind of pop so I'm assuming mine are somehow defective but for just transferring from a mixer to a speaker they work great. Go figure.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks Daniel. My mixer has only 1/4” out.

I had considered this Xvive going from my TC Helicon Play Acoustic to my Bose S1 Pro. However I still need a mid EQ cut for vocals and guitar - so I added a Behringer 1002B, which can use batteries. Great sound and more immediate control at my feet. I mounted the mixer together with the Play Acoustic on my pedalboard. I also mounted my mic stand on my pedalboard. Now all battery operated. I would like to lose the cable from the mixer to the speaker. All wires are now self contained on the pedalboard - except the wire from the pedalboard to the S1 Pro.

My biggest concern now would be insuring everything has fresh batteries and everything is charged.

- Play Acoustic using power bank

- battery for guitar

- battery for mixer

- full charge for wireless connection ( per this post)

- full charge for S1 Pro

I will have to dedicate a charging area for all components to insure a full charge for each before heading out to play.

Sorry for the ramble. i just wanted to give details in case anyone offers advice. Sorry to the OP if this detracts from the original post.

What kind of power bank are you using for the Play Acoustic ?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification