The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-15-2015, 08:08 AM

You might also consider the Carvin AG 300 with an extension cabinet. For smaller venues you'd just carry the AG300, both weigh about 30 lbs and with both your a little over $700.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Charter Member

I'm intrigued by the Line 6 but can't find one in-store to play. How do these companies expect you to buy a $1000 piece of sound equipment without ever trying it? Frustrating.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'09 Craig Anderson/Burlington Guitars B-2 Custom
'01 Martin DX-1
'00 Fender Stratocaster (Midnight Blue)

facebook.com/whitneyborisenok
Old 04-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

So I found this:

http://hkaudio.us/products.php?id=237

Also can't find any demos on YouTube or any solid reviews. It appears to be the most expensive "portable PA" on the market. Anyone know anything about this product or HK Audio in general?

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'01 Martin DX-1

Old 04-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Charter Member

Found this too:

http://www.k-array.com/portable-systems/kb1.html

I might be most intrigued by this one, though I'm not sure how "portable" it would end up being. EDIT: This thing only weighs 48lbs. Not bad! I wonder if I can play one somewhere.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'01 Martin DX-1

Old 04-15-2015, 12:30 PM

HK Audio stuff is fantastic, i've played through those Lucas Nano's a few times, i've been very very impressed each time. They are from Germany, so i guess the import costs will make them noticeably more expensive over in the US than here in Europe.
Our band also has a 12" HK powered monitor speaker, its fantastic, very well built, sounds amazing, not heavy for what it is, its high quality gear.
I don't know how expensive the HK Audio stuff ends up being over there, but here the Bose L1 compact and HK Audio Lucas Nano 600 are almost identically priced.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:43 PM

Second on the HK Audio Lucas Nano stuff. I've got a 300 that I like very much. Kinda hard to find in the states, but so worth it. I understand they have a 600 out now. Clean, powerful and expandable. Use it with a TC helicon play acoustic and couldn't be happier. It is far more versatile that the Bose of Fishman products.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinLee View Post
Second on the HK Audio Lucas Nano stuff. It is far more versatile that the Bose of Fishman products.
Marvin,
Would you mind expanding on this statement?

I just watched the company supplied video on the Nano 300, and, since I obviously cannot judge if it sounds as good, or better, it certainly does not seem to be more, to use your term, versatile than the Bose nor the Fishman SA220.

So, again, just wondering what you mean by "far more versatile".

Steve
Old 04-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsone View Post
HK Audio stuff is fantastic, i've played through those Lucas Nano's a few times, i've been very very impressed each time. They are from Germany, so i guess the import costs will make them noticeably more expensive over in the US than here in Europe.
Our band also has a 12" HK powered monitor speaker, its fantastic, very well built, sounds amazing, not heavy for what it is, its high quality gear.
I don't know how expensive the HK Audio stuff ends up being over there, but here the Bose L1 compact and HK Audio Lucas Nano 600 are almost identically priced.
Lucas Nano 300 systems are made in China per an email response from Lucas to an inquiry I made when they first came out. Lucas said being made in China allowed them to keep costs down. I priced a Lucas 300 here in the States at $599 at a local dealer. I didn't buy one but they demoed it for me and it sounded good for its size.

Regards,

SpruceTop
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 04-15-2015, 08:36 PM

I'm noticing here that a number of responses suggest one set-up or another that require an extra stand or extra speaker or etc... I think the OP's question had to do with minimizing stuff (and weight) to haul around.

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 04-15-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
Would you mind expanding on this statement? I just watched the company-supplied video on the Nano 300, and, since I obviously cannot judge if it sounds as good, or better, it certainly does not seem to be more, to use your term, versatile than the Bose nor the Fishman SA220. So, again, just wondering what you mean by "far more versatile"
Ditto that!

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 04-15-2015, 09:57 PM

I had never heard of the Lucas Nano 300 stuff prior to this thread. I must say -- after viewing a few YouTube videos -- the idea is intriguing. For one thing, that footprint / configuration lends itself to being used for computer or television sound, which might be a lot easier to explain to my wife!

("Look honey, I got a new sound system for when you are watching movies......")
Old 04-16-2015, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis View Post
I'm noticing here that a number of responses suggest one set-up or another that require an extra stand or extra speaker or etc... I think the OP's question had to do with minimizing stuff (and weight) to haul around.
Yahtzee! My current Bose system is 4 very heavy pieces. Looking to dwindle that down so I can potentially make it in 1-2 trips as opposed to 4-5. I know that seems like a minor thing if you're looking at the big picture, but setup/breakdown is my least favorite part of gigging...so if I can cut down on that time, I'll be a happy camper. It seems like nobody can beat Fishman for their portability, I just need to get to a store to play one.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'01 Martin DX-1

Old 04-16-2015, 06:48 AM

Once again. The L1 compact is a one trip, including your guitar. No stands to set up, no lifting speakers on stands. 2 minute set up and pack up time.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:57 AM

the inspire ip1000, ip2000, and ip500 are supposed to be just as good as bose & fishman from feedback from sweetwater. Also priced cheaper. However, they are not in full production yet and no hints as to when they will be in stock. Looks promising but the models were announced at NAMM and still not out.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancehallking View Post
the inspire ip1000, ip2000, and ip500 are supposed to be just as good as bose & fishman from feedback from sweetwater. Also priced cheaper. However, they are not in full production yet and no hints as to when they will be in stock. Looks promising but the models were announced at NAMM and still not out.
This is why I am on these forums. I hadn't even heard about this product and it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for - though I'd like to see setup and breakdown. I like the idea of the iPad app as I utilize my iPad for every performance. Maybe I'll give Sweetwater a call and see if they have a general idea of when these things will be released. I don't really need my new system until June 6.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'01 Martin DX-1

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification