The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-10-2011, 06:41 AM

I think the issue is the trim setting, you probably have it too high, or too far to the right.

Try to move it more to the left, that will make it less hot and probably more blanced with others.

I keep my trim setting at exactly 12 o'clock, or right in the middle.

Let us know how you go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michmoore1956 View Post
I play acoustic guitar on a church worship team. While running my signal through the Pa, via Fishman Aura Spectrum, my sound man said my signal was way to hot. So much so that, even at my lowest volume settings, I was overwhelming the rest of the band to the extent that he could not where his headphones. Can Anyone shed some light on this situation? Is there some internal output setting I need to crank down or is it an inexperienced sound man? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/doubleshotprague
Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbyPrague View Post
I think the issue is the trim setting, you probably have it too high, or too far to the right.

Try to move it more to the left, that will make it less hot and probably more blanced with others.

I keep my trim setting at exactly 12 o'clock, or right in the middle.

Let us know how you go with it.
Actually, the issue is more likely the Volume control.

On the Aura pedals, Trim controls the input coming to the pedal from the guitar's pickup, and Volume controls the output going to the amp or board.

If the clip light on the pedal is flashing aggressively, there is too much signal coming from the guitar to the pedal. Reduce the Trim until the clip light only flashes very occasionally.

If the signal at the board is too hot, reduce the pedal's Volume control.

David
Páirc Thoir Thuaidh

Last edited by DrDavid; 09-10-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Charter Member

Have you used the aura with any other PA's or amps? If so, how does it work? I would start there and try to figure out if your settings are okay.

It's also possible that your soundman needs to make changes on his end. Mixing boards usually have a trim control or db pad switch which might help your situation. Do you know the brand/model mixer your soundman is using?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification