The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-18-2017, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Yes it looks like a slightly rebranded MLS800.
Who makes or owns Harbinger? To me it looks like RCF is looking to diversify its line and make equipment for the young and hip working class (read: Ain't got no money) musicians. Most of their gear is very well priced, almost competing with behringer for price. No reviews for this unit as of now but reviews of their other gear gets good praise which is promising. Their web site says they are engineered in the same facility as RCF in Italy. This is also promising but it could also mean they "engineered" it by calling up Harbinger and asking them to slap on a new badge. My hope is that RFC is looking to get the younger generations slowly hooked on the rabbit hole known as beng an audiophile and this is the best sounding cheap gear out there. Then, once they give up being a musician and get a real job they can afford some nice RCF speakers which are lusted for by musicians and audiophiles alike. That's what I hope anyways, these days hope is all we got.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotValid View Post
Who makes or owns Harbinger?...
Harbinger is a Guitar Center house brand.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Harbinger is a Guitar Center house brand.
Hey thanks for that.
I just did a photo A/B and the B-Twig is not a rebadged MLS800. Sure they look the same (stick on a box) but that box is not the same build. So that tells me the B-Twig has its own identity. Christmas is getting close.........
Old 11-20-2017, 01:49 AM

How do these PLA's sound in small rooms (think classroom, yoga room) with cinder block walls, no furniture, low ceilings, back to the wall, hard and reflective, in other words THE worst conditions for playing music with no chance to treat the rooms? Would I be better off with a point source speaker? The goal is to reinforce the acoustic sound not blast it, so the people up close hear more of the guitar than speaker but enough amplification to reach the back of the room? Sorry if this was asked before.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot View Post
... I have an L1 Compact. the speakers are aimed in different directions at different angles. However there is only 6 speakers instead of the twelve that come with the L1 and L2. ...
FWIW there is no "L2"; there is an L1 Model 2 which has 24 speakers, not 12.

Speaker Count:
L1 Compact has 6.
L1S has 12.
L1 Model 2 has 24.

Last edited by Tico; 11-20-2017 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
How do these PLA's sound in small rooms (think classroom, yoga room) with cinder block walls, no furniture, low ceilings, back to the wall, hard and reflective, in other words THE worst conditions for playing music with no chance to treat the rooms? Would I be better off with a point source speaker? The goal is to reinforce the acoustic sound not blast it, so the people up close hear more of the guitar than speaker but enough amplification to reach the back of the room? Sorry if this was asked before.
Anyone? Talk me out of a PLA, or talk me into one.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:

I would think an L1C would do better than most in that type of environment. Because you don't need the sheer volume of a traditional speaker to fill the room you would be less likely to run into issues.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.guitar View Post
I would think an L1C would do better than most in that type of environment. Because you don't need the sheer volume of a traditional speaker to fill the room you would be less likely to run into issues.
That makes sense. I was worried about the wider dispersion bouncing off the walls.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:28 AM

Quote:
That makes sense. I was worried about the wider dispersion bouncing off the walls.
It actually helps by adding a bit of ambience which gives a bigger image coming from the stage.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 01-06-2020, 09:54 AM

Any new reviews for the Ant B-Twig 8?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification