The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 09-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Default Big Muddy Mandolins: Now that's customer service

I wrote Michael at Big Muddy this,

Quote:
Hi, I have a (lovely) M-2w but the action's gotten a bit high. I'm wondering if I can get a replacement w/ the right height bridge w/ measurements I would supply you. if so what's the cost?
And in less than an hour I received this,

Quote:
No cost. Send my your address and I'll get them off in the mail soon.

Action gets high when the instrument absorbs excess moisture. My 5000 dollar violin got big time high when I left it in an un-air conditioned room. Took six weeks to dry out in my climate controlled shop. Oh well. I live and learn.

I'll send you a small slug of different height bridges that should do the trick. mike
I've wanted a Big Muddy (US made, wide nut option) for a few years and finally bought one a couple months ago. I'm sure enjoying it, this little thing (M-2w) is fun to play and amazing loud when you dig in, has a great dynamic range. This exchange just confirms that holding out for a Big Muddy was the right choice.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:23 PM

not surprised , this guy has been making some great mandolins for a while now. I have a mid-mo m5, (walnut back and sides) never had a single issue with it since I bought it new7 years ago.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments