The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-21-2019, 09:27 AM

Default making youtube facebook videos with ipad

i have a new ipad air, a focusrite scarlet 6i6, hooked up through camera connection kit. gonna use the ipad camera I have two tab modded SM57's. ever since I saw gillian welch and david rawlings use SM57's live I thought good enough for me.
(I know they have every good $10k mic for studio)

but that's what I have. I just want to create videos of acoustic guitar, and vocals of live originals and covers, for youtube and facebook. what apps are good, the iMovie app or is there a better video app to record video I could add reverb eq with etc. it's simple deal I know just any ideas thanks
Old 08-23-2019, 08:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgrass View Post
i have a new ipad air, a focusrite scarlet 6i6, hooked up through camera connection kit. gonna use the ipad camera I have two tab modded SM57's. ever since I saw gillian welch and david rawlings use SM57's live I thought good enough for me.
(I know they have every good $10k mic for studio)

but that's what I have. I just want to create videos of acoustic guitar, and vocals of live originals and covers, for youtube and facebook. what apps are good, the iMovie app or is there a better video app to record video I could add reverb eq with etc. it's simple deal I know just any ideas thanks
Hi dg…

iMovie is the editing app, not the recording app. Simplest method…you'd record using the Photos app (set to Video), and edit with iMovie…while using the interface to capture the music/sound. Then post to FaceBook/YouTube.

YouTube is your friend for learning setups. Have fun exploring…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD