The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-29-2012, 07:05 PM

I'd really like to hear some of these higher-end reverbs applied to a recording by those of you who have experience with them. Altiverb and the Lexicon Native Reverb are a wee bit out of my price range, but I'm still curious about them.

Maybe someone can upload a raw clip (with a few short percussive sounds at the beginning, such as hand claps) and you guys can have a crack at applying your favorite verbs to it?
Wenge B/S Lutz/Cedar Double Top
Old 01-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
Yes of course you're right. If however you have a new-version ilok there's a 15 day trial available on their site. I'm not a bettin' man but if I were I'd go "all in" that the space this verb puts you in is tough to ignore!

YMMV
I actually purchased an iLok 2 just for the purpose of demo'ing the Lexi reverbs. My trial ended earlier this month. Nice reverbs.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post
I'd really like to hear some of these higher-end reverbs applied to a recording by those of you who have experience with them. Altiverb and the Lexicon Native Reverb are a wee bit out of my price range, but I'm still curious about them.

Maybe someone can upload a raw clip (with a few short percussive sounds at the beginning, such as hand claps) and you guys can have a crack at applying your favorite verbs to it?
With most plugins, even the most expensive ones, you can download demos and try them out yourself on your DAW system with your music. Most are compatible with most platforms, formats and DAWs. Some aren't. Each developer's website usually lets you know if their product(s) will work with your setup.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:10 PM

If you like the PCM Native Reverb, you owe it to yourself try the Valhalla Room & Shimmer reverb's. Best $100 I have spent in a long time....

Also, the free SIR or Liquid Sonics VST convolution program with the Bricasti M7 & Bricasti M7 True Stereo M7 IR's sound just fantastic on my system, I use the Clear Ambiance a lot just to add some "air" around the signal..and it is all free!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
If you like the PCM Native Reverb, you owe it to yourself try the Valhalla Room & Shimmer reverb's. Best $100 I have spent in a long time....

Also, the free SIR or Liquid Sonics VST convolution program with the Bricasti M7 & Bricasti M7 True Stereo M7 IR's sound just fantastic on my system, I use the Clear Ambiance a lot just to add some "air" around the signal..and it is all free!
Shimmer is such a marvelously cool plug-in. I find tons and tons of uses for it. Mostly with synth and pad stuff. I love being in that wash. Still...completely different than the Lexicon

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD