The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-25-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryR View Post
CD...Now that's funny right there....
I'm curious. Explain yourself.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:01 PM

Now, that I remember, CD-RW and CD-R's use different dyes and most CD-RW do not play in stereos, only computers. Why don't you just buy some CD-R's? They're cheaper, anyhow.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-25-2014, 04:58 PM

I think that the blank CDR's you can buy at Walmart, CVS, etc. seem of lesser quality than the CD's used for music sales. When I burn my own CD's they work sometimes and other times they either don't work at all, or they start to skip part way through.

There must be better CD's one can use for burning on home computers.

YouTube: http://www.YouTube.com/wfbrown1234
Old 01-25-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djh1765 View Post
I'm curious. Explain yourself.
Kinda like getting a Dolby hiss from your metal cassette player....or your eight track not tracking correctly on the head and it plays two songs...badly...More explanation...???

If no sense of humor than skip to this ::

What types of devices read CD-RW discs?
Written CD-RW discs have slightly different optical characteristics (lower reflectivity and signal modulation) than prerecorded (pressed) and written CD-R discs and therefore are not as widely compatible. They can be read only on MultiRead-compliant CD-ROM drives, CD-R/RW recorders and MultiRead-compliant DVD-ROM drives and recorders. CD-RW discs are, in addition, compatible with some consumer electronics devices including MultiPlay-compliant portable, car and set-top CD audio players and MultiPlay-compliant DVD-Video players and recorders. Again, all CD and DVD devices that read CD-RW discs do not necessarily display the MultiRead or MultiPlay logos. If in doubt, consult with the hardware manufacturer.

What is MultiRead?
The MultiRead specification was created by OSTA in 1997 to provide hardware manufacturers with the requirements necessary to make CD-ROM drives and recorders read CD-RW discs. MultiRead also bridges the differences between CD and DVD technologies and provides the framework for DVD-ROM drives and recorders to read CD-R and CD-RW discs. Specifically, MultiRead requires that compatible drives read Red Book CD audio and CD-ROM information contained on prerecorded (pressed), CD-R and CD-RW discs.

Last edited by BarryR; 01-25-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:57 PM

I recieved the CD-R disk yesterday burned the same music I did on the CD-RW and it worked great in Crown Victoria's CD.

Problem solved. I just need to use the CD-R disk for my car CD player and everything will be fine..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD