The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-09-2018, 02:41 PM

Default NGD

So, I turned 50 the other week and wanted a new guitar (1200 range) to add to the herd. I wanted something a bit different than my Taylors that I could take camping with the added bene of having a guitar without that familiar Taylor sound.

So, i stumbled upon the Eastman e10 00ss. I had played this guitar on two prior visits. The guitar sounded incredible. Woody, bluesy, etc. I pulled the trigger and took it home and something was not right. I noticed the frets were super sharp along the neck and a twist or dip at the end of the neck. It also was buzzing a bit on the e and b string on the 1-3rd frets.

I brought it back to the store for inspection and they said something was not excellent with this particular guitar. A little surprised after reading about Eastman quality here and on some review threads but all that said, I still think they make great sounding guitars. Needless top say, i got to shop again which was really an excellent psychological place to be so for you gassers out there, take note on this, returning a guitar knowing you need to get something else is a pretty awesome way to shop!!!

I ended up getting a Taylor 214ce DLX. Besides the irony of getting another Taylor, this guitar is great. Although it is not the sound I was searching for originally, everything else checks out 11/10. My main player is a 522e and the 214 compliments it well. Playability is awesome. Sounds great unplugged/plugged into the Jam150. Thanks again Taylor!!!

https://imgur.com/Bgot9ak

Last edited by ec614rolyat; 04-09-2018 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Image placement
Old 04-09-2018, 04:25 PM

Beautiful guitar! Nice birthday gift to yourself. Too bad the Eastman didn't work out for you. Congrats!
Old 04-09-2018, 04:36 PM

It's not a NGD until you post pictures.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion