The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-11-2017, 06:17 AM

Default Live performance rig with 4 inputs??? HELP!

The new SA330 is 110 watts more powerful. The sub is nice, but incredibly expensive for an 8" speaker and amplifier. I suggested to another member to try the 12" Behringer powered sub and pole with his SA220. If I recall, he uses an outboard mixer into the sub, then the active crossover into the SA220. This gives him very clear sound without having to waste his investment in the SA220.

In your case, you would use your SA220 as normal, without the mixer, and take your monitor out to the sub. Set the unit for ~150 Hz cross over and enjoy the bass.

That said, you would have some bleed and mix with the SA producing bass down to 75 Hz, or something. So, if you like the SA, and want more bass, this is a cheap way to do it. The downside is that it is no longer compact and one hand carry. It's two trips. That may, or may not, be a concern for you.

The new unit is better integrated, and I think it is a compelling design, but in my opinion defeats the portability of the stick design. That's why I'm so fond of the JBL / HK Audio industrial design. The HF drivers pack into the sub for transport. If you move your gear a lot, that's worth the price of entry, in my opionion.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B1200DPRO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
amp, amplified, mixer, powered, speaker