The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Old 02-21-2016, 09:39 PM

Default FS Emery Sound Superbaby tube amp w/ enclosed head + 12" cab — custom walnut

Greetings — been unwinding my acoustics the last several months, engaged in an overhaul of my acoustic guitar quiver (fit of pique? long overdue karmic reset? all of the above?) and now sorting through the electrics and The Great Signal Chain of Being, what stays, what goes.

Posted my Emery Superbaby tube amp on Reverb —

https://reverb.com/item/1706912-emer...-custom-walnut

ca. 2008 build, w/ enclosed head and studio cabinet w/ a 12" AlNiCo Weber Bluedog speaker. Curt built the amp enclosure and speaker cab in walnut, rather than his standard mahogany, at my request to match up the Superbaby visually w/ a walnut/maple WWJ fretless six string. A TungSol RI 6L6 output tube does the heavy lifting re voicing.

Getting more mileage out of my mahogany Microbaby thanks to having to play nice w/ neighbors in urban digs, but between the two Emerys and to my ear the Superbaby is the better kit — more headroom, more dynamic, more responsive. Despite the 6-12w "lo-watt" billing, this one goes to 11, all that.

Glad to field questions via PM here to elaborate on the amp and speaker, but anything in the rubber meets the road department, please find me via Reverb. $1390 takes amp and cab and $95 ships 'em CONUS. No trades, but appreciate the interest. Thanks!

Last edited by usefultree; 02-22-2016 at 11:17 AM. Reason: strunk and white stuff

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Tags
amp, emery, superbaby, walnut