The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-30-2014, 04:28 AM

Question Taylor GS Mini with the LR Baggs M1, which amp should I buy???

I recently bought a new LR Baggs M1 passive soundhole pickup and now I'm looking forward to buy a new ACOUSTIC AMP.. My budget is 680$... I play kind of a Jack Johnson style guitar in a band.... Which amp should i buy??? I looked at the Marshall AS50D, the Fender Acoustasonic 90/150, the Hartke AC75 and at the Schertler Giulia Wood Amp... Which one would be the best?? Are there any other good amps in this price range??
Old 01-30-2014, 01:15 PM

Question fishman

And how good is the Fishman Loudbox Pro Artist amp in comparison to the others??
Old 01-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

I play laid back Marley, KC and folk stuff here on the coast. I've lugged around amps and equipment for years so I want light weight, compact, simplicity but good sound. I've run thru PA's and various amps and for me, my back and my simple life the Fishman Artist works well with my Tak/CT4BII preamp. The larger Performer model has the same features just more oomph and mid spkr and is an excellent choice but in the $700 range whereas the Artist is around $500. The Marshall is also nice and the Fender too but more bucs. My thing with amps is that certain guitars match up well with certain amps. I played both acoustic and electric in a band for a living and now just solo acoustic but for example I always thought my Les Pauls sounded better through my two Fender Vibroverbs I ran in stereo and my Strats & Tele's sounded better thru my Marshall. I don't know about the GSMini/LR Baggs combo but I would take it to the store and plug in to a Fishman, a Marshall and a few others. I like to make sure that right off the bat I can dial in a good sound without fiddling too much...flatten the eq then dial in the fine tune and compare which compliments your guitar and attack best with features that are usable and pertain to what you want to accomplish as well as versatility. You'll get a lot of good experience from others who will chime in here...take it all in then go out and experience it with YOUR guitar in YOUR hands but also let a store dude play it for you as you step away from it so you can hear it that way as well.

Go jam on some "Banana Pancakes"!
Old 01-31-2014, 10:43 AM

I have the AS50D, a fantastic little amp, well worth the money!

Alex Kirtley, UK

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
acoustic, amp, lr baggs