The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-21-2011, 01:38 PM

Watching the progress of these guitars is particularly frustrating for me. Laurent will not begin the Wenge/Carpathian A2 Essential for me until late Fall of this year.

What I have seen so far has me salivating.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:56 PM

this is exactly the type of rosette i like...if i once had a guitar built i would definitely want such a rosette. but maybe a stupid question - isn't this type of rosette this way at the edge of the soundhole somehow sensitive to cracking? i know it's glued firmly but you know - wood may work under a change of conditions and the rosette isn't sunk in the top board like most are...
Old 07-21-2011, 02:00 PM

Bruce, it is true that a Stanley 9 1/2 could do everything required of a plane building a guitar, if there was only one.

Kevin, that unusual cocobolo magically matched the somewhat retro celluloid bindings and came just at the right time!

Matt, fall will be here before we know the summer happened.

Ivob, the purpose of the rosette is precisely to reinforce the soundhole area, and this one does this just fine. The purfling is glued maybe 2/3rds in the top, there is a .090" soundhole patch underneath and the binding protects the edge of the soundhole and… binds everything.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop