The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-17-2018, 07:05 AM

Default Happy ending to lost guitar on international flight

We have a couple high school students from Argentina staying with us for a couple of weeks. One of the them checked in his Martin guitar in Argentina, but the guitar did not show up in Nashville with his other bags on Monday, April 9th. After many calls with the American Airlines we found that the guitar was in Santiago, Chile (where he had made a connecting flight) and that LanTam airlines (the South American airline he had flown the first leg of his flight on) had the guitar.

Through MANY more phone calls and emails, the guitar was finally put on a United Airlines flight to Houston, and then on an American Airlines flight to Nashville. The guitar was delivered to our house on Sunday, April 15th. We all held our breath as he opened the case - but the guitar was fine! In fact, it was still in tune!

I have to admit that although I'm normally a pretty optimistic person, I was expecting the worse in this situation - either that the guitar was gone for good, or significantly damaged. But hey, sometimes things work out OK!

BTW, the guitar was in a Gator flight case

Last edited by 815C; 04-17-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Great to hear!

Of course it was in tune! Every flight attendant from Chile to Nashville has played it now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion