The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-27-2017, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Default whew...

whew...that slanted pick guard on those new acoustics makes me nauseous...Someone needs to take that company back...they should simplify their line up. It's too confusing. I wish they'd get back to more vintage acoustics...and bump up their quality control...but...that won't happen...(And, I like some Gibsons...I've found a great old 56 J-50 I'd love to own....but it's priced a little high for all the repairs it's had....but it's amazing...and I currently own a 10 yo or so J-50 that is a good one)...but that company lost direction years ago...still off the tracks in my opinion....but what do I know????

Last edited by $ongWriter; 10-27-2017 at 09:19 AM. Reason: words
Old 10-27-2017, 09:40 AM

I am always a bit suspicious when Gibson comes out with anything "new". I hearken back to 2015 when their Les Paul lineup could be compared to the "New Coke".

I briefly glanced at the video the OP posted... Has Gibson gone back to Richlite fingerboards as many guitar makers are phasing out rosewood because of CITES?
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
gibson, j-45