The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-08-2017, 03:22 PM

Default Collings OM1 Deep Body Adi Braces

Hi there,

For sale is this wonderful Collings. I purchase it new approximately 3 years ago at Portland Music (approx. $3700), and anticipated keeping it forever, but I've settled into a playing style that benefits greatly from very wide necks, and more importantly very wide string spacing at the bridge (2 5/16" or wider). Prior to purchase, I played this particular guitar for some months in the shop to be sure, and it's still the best sounding/playing Mahogany guitar I've heard...even next to other Collings guitars. It can more than believably do blues, orchestral, flat pick, bare fingers...you name it. It's a powerful instrument, and it plays back at you when you dig into it.

Specs:

Sitka / Mahogany
- 1 3/4" nut width
- 2 3/16" string spacing at the bridgeAdirondack spruce braces (stiffens the top for a little more projection)
- Current setup is medium to medium-low action, typical 3/32". (It plays very, very well and fast, and doesn't buzz out even - tuned down to open C! Magic!)
- Original Case...

Condition: There are a couple of notable dings on top, but they're only visible when holding it at an angle under light. I'll post by best effort at pics tonight. As this was my forever guitar, I assessed them at Portland Fretworks a couple of years ago, and they're fillable, but they suggested forgetting about it, since they don't pose any structural issue. Otherwise, there's typical play wear (I love this thing!), and minor fret wear under the b and e strings. The fret wear is normal (even typical), and it doesn't affect playability or tuning/intonation. There are no cracks or loose braces.

The whole guitar pic looks like there's wear on the side, but those are just reflections. Nothing notable there.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/bcTdI4l.jpg[/

Sold off forum

Prices firm for now and reflects the aforementioned dings/wear. Thanks! Located in Portland OR and would love a local sale.

Last edited by kellyb; 06-17-2017 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 06-09-2017, 05:05 AM

Local sale to what location? Never mind, just found the last line below the pics.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
collings, deep body, om1