The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-21-2015, 08:58 AM

Default Instrumental Fingerstyle Piece

Hi all,

This is my new tune "Perspective" which I started writing this summer at Thomas Leeb's Fingerstyle Guitar Bootcamp in Austria.
I came up with some parts of this melody as the sun started to rise over the distant mountain peaks and lake that this large deck overlooked - a really inspiring view. This is a song about understanding the power of perspective and how it can help relate to others and allow you to be more empathetic.

This was recorded with just the stereo mics on the Zoom H4N pointed directly at my Sunburst Gear M6BR8 portable mixer monitor.

I am using aluminum bronze strings (medium) on a 1968 Martin D28 with a K&K trinity pickup and preamp. I also have the TC Electronic Hall of Fame in my signal chain.

Enjoy!
Old 12-21-2015, 09:57 AM

beautiful piece. I love the percussive hits...they fit so well with the song. Just really nice playing all around. You've created a very nice atmospheric vibe that I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you for sharing.
Yamaha DBR10, JBL Eon 612, Mackie ProFX8v2
Sennheiser E935
Presonus Studio One Pro 4.1

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
fingerstyle, fingerstyle acoustic, original compositions, percussive guitar