The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-07-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Forgive me because I know this is an MLB thread, but did any of you guys grow up with minor league baseball when you were a kid? I did and it was great! My dad started taking me around age 4 and I loved it. I saw those "Birds On a Bat" when I was young and I've been a Cardinal fan ever since.

The beauty of it was the baseball was excellent, the ticket prices were reasonable, the players were closer to us, you could talk to them, etc. It was just great family entertainment. And in my young professional days, I continued to support the local club. I had a couple great friends associated with different club organizations. I haven't been to a minor league game in years, but I'll always fondly remember those days. What great fun. In some ways, it's more fun than MLB.
Hey Kerbie, there was no baseball minor leagues where I grew up but there was the American Hockey League (in Canada), which is the farm system for the NHL. My dad had seasons tickets for a few years and took me to many of the games. Saw future superstars.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:55 PM

We have practically had a minor league team here in Pittsburgh for over a generation. There’s an actual minor league team south of here in Washington Pa but they’re like a AA team.

2013 OLF MJ (DIY build, western red cedar, Honduran mahogany)
2012 McKnight McUkulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivee OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (Natural ash)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic