The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-24-2015, 08:50 PM

Smile Fishman Repair Service Is Awesome

I had a loud hiss and popping sound problem with my Solo Amp. It is about 6 years old now so it is definitely way out of warrantee. I called Fishman and asked if it was worth fixing. He said yes. They emailed me instructions the same day on how to remove the electronic panel thought to be the problem. For a flat fee of $50.00 (plus shipping) they would fix or replace it. It was easy to remove and about 12.00 to ship Priority. They repaired it with in 2 days and shipped it back to me. I was so surprised. I love my Fishman Solo and would have replaced it but it was not necessary! Thank you Fishman!
Old 03-25-2015, 04:56 PM

If it goes up and down with your gain pots or volume pots most likely you have to replace the circuit boards. Bad news is they have to go back to Fishman - you would have to take the preamp part out of the "Stick" and send it back. There is a YouTube video explaining how to do this. I developed that "hiss" static white noise and had to replace all the boards.

I remember Peavey gear that never, ever broke down...
Best of luck.
The Tech support folks are good but make sure they give you new and not reconditioned boards. They did that to me and it took another trip back via UPS to get the whole deal straightened out.

Sold my SoloAmp and when I did it was like brand new.

davidc
Old 03-31-2015, 06:43 PM

Default Fishman Has Excellent Service ** Call Them

My solo amp developed popping and found hum/hiss. The amp was 6 years old so I figured I would need to replace it. I called Fishman Service department. They sent me the instructions for removing and shipping the panel that needed repair. For 50.00 and shipping I had it repaired. In fact I really think they sent me a new panel. I inserted the repaired panel and set it up. It sounds awesome. Quiet, no hum and super clean acoustic sound!! Music to my ears! So if you are having problems call them, even if you are out of warrantee. It is worth the call. 978-988-9199

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification