The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 03-10-2021, 09:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default McKnight Guitars celebrates Nat'l Pencil Day

Please join us as we celebrate National Pencil Day on March 30th. Why you may ask? Because we can and its fun to reminisce those childhood conversations around the grade school class' pencil sharpener along with that wafting sweet aroma of the freshly ground pencil shavings. So what has this to do with guitars?

It dates back several years ago when we had the opportunity to purchase some unique guitar tops made of the same soft scented wood that once was used to craft those famous No.2 yellow pencils. The wood was referred to as Golden Pencil Cedar as the story was related to us by the purveyor of the wood. We took a chance and purchased several tops. Low and behold it has FANTASTIC tone, especially for small to medium sized fingerstyle guitars and the color is a unique golden brown which is quite different than the usual red hue of the more common Western Red Cedar.

We are offering our Deacon Model for sale to celebrate National Pencil Day. Mary designed the theme of this guitar to pay homage to this little known American holiday.

Specs:
Torreifed Black Locust back and "double" sides
Golden Pencil Cedar soundboard
Hexagon Red Palm rosette with genuine #2 pencil inlays
Wenge head plate, fretboard and bridge
Figured Tazlam bindings
1-13/16" Nut
2-1/4" Bridge pin spacing
Bone nut, saddle and bridge pins

$7,800 + Shipping

National Pencil Day SALE PRICE - $6,000 + shipping!
Old 02-09-2022, 01:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

Commercial break:

McJam - June 24 and 25, 2022

The #15 McJam is coming this June and you can help us celebrate our 30 years as McKnight Guitars. I am now seeking donations as door prizes from any business or individual.

You can send your choice of any item(s) and your business card so we can advertise for you. No item is too big or to small. It may be new or slightly used. What can you share with us? Everyone enjoys a freebie!

I am always looking for something, which need not be musically inclined, so we can educate the McJammers and share in the information and lessons we each learn.

Contact me ([email protected]) anytime before June 15 so I know your item is on the way.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace