The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 AM

Default Sweet Child O' Mine Cover

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-sf4x1M2M

Hey guys! Please excuse my playing here. This is my very first record and attempt to play with a backing track after I've learned the song Sweet Child O' Mine. It's not like the original, some parts are improvised (esp the solo), and there were mistakes. But hopefully it's not that bad. Please leave a nice comment and click like or subscribe to my channel on Youtube if you like it~ Thank You :-)

BTW. I know some people might think why am I playing this song with a Fender Strat and not a Gibson Les Paul? But please forgive me if the tone is bad. I only have Fender Strat and I really love this song... Cheers!

Guitar: Fender 57 Reissue Strat Maple Neck MIJ Since 1993
Amp: Roland Micro Cube

Last edited by Jimmy25; 08-22-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM

I know every note of this song all too well.

Overall I think you did a good job.

As minor quibbles, your guitar wasn't always tuned. And the chorus starts on A5, not C.

As for the solos, whether to play them note for note (or not) is debatable. In my personal opinion, half the beauty of GNR songs are in Slash's solos.

In this department, you do a fine job for the most part. The part where you kick in the wah pedal sounded very good at first. Watch your bends as they're occasionally off.

As for playing a Strat on this, it doesn't sound too bad but you need to kick in more overdrive in order to have enough sustain -- thus losing the sweetness of tone of the original song. A Les Paul would be great for you.

I give you 80% for this performance. Keep playing as I think you have the potential to play this really really well.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:35 AM

Hey, thanks a lot for all the great comments and advice. Really really appreciate them I was wondering if you guys could Subscribe to my Youtube Channel so I can keep you guys updated once I make another new video? You don't have to... but if you like to see more, please click subscribe at: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_...user=Destinaxe Cheers and have a nice day^^

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell