The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 01-10-2020, 04:02 PM

Default New Group Discovery

I watch PBS Song of Mountains frequently and last night saw a group
with very talented acoustic musicians and an interesting sound.
Check out Wildeyes and share what you think. The woman singing lead
can get a little dramatic but they are polished.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:28 PM

Wow, that is a group with a vibe. I like them. Thanks for pulling my coat to this group, Dryfly. I wonder if they tour.

I found their website, which looks kind of slick, but when you click "TOUR" there's nothing listed. When I clicked "SHOP," there was no shop. Mysterious.

They are on Amazon, but only for digital download, which is too bad, because I would love to be able to buy CDs from their website. Yes, I am hopelessly old fashioned.

Last edited by Sax Player Guy; 01-10-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:54 PM

Here's a clip for those who are interested, but maybe not enough to go searching:

Old 01-11-2020, 04:25 AM

She has a beautiful voice indeed. They kind of sound like The Milk Carton Kids with a female singer added. I like it.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
She has a beautiful voice indeed. They kind of sound like The Milk Carton Kids with a female singer added. I like it.
I thought the exact same thing - Milk Carton Kids (whom I love) but with the addition of a female lead singer. I really enjoyed the video. A search of Napster didn't reveal anything from this trio but there is another band out there with the same name that's a hard rock band. So unless that group has disbanded they might be in trouble with the name.

But I like what I hear. I'd buy their music and go see them in a show for sure. The fact that their website has no tour listed and nothing in the Shop area means they are likely new and/or the website is still under construction. There's more on their Facebook pages. From the video date timestamps over there it seems like they formed just last year.

However, when connecting to the woman's personal Facebook page there are photos of her singing and playing multiple instruments all over the world - NYC, France, London - with other groups so maybe this is a new project with either a husband or brother since two have the same last names. Facebook page also lists a record label and booking agent so I expect to hear much more from this talented trio very soon. Great fin, OP!!
Old 01-11-2020, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

More digging around results: They photos from abroad seems to be from a tour with an artist known as Hozier, Grammy nominee from 2014 or so from Ireland. Wildeyes has a good YouTube page with 17 videos. Great stuff. Here's a few more:

Some of their videos go back a couple years so looks like they've been honing the act for at least that long.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:45 PM

Great performance. It's interesting that they got a very good recording from a small, untreated square room. The Edwina mic (I think) with a tight cardioid pattern probably helps.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN